1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Chic-Fil-A loves the Gays?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Evil ... Thy name is Orville Redenbacher!!, Sep 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

Gay people buy chicken nuggets, too.

-- Michael Jordan

2. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

Did you really just mess up its/it's twice in two sentences?

3. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

their you go again. Who wood believe it?

4. Yeah I did.

5. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

This ain't gonna end any kind of well.

6. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Maybe I was confused, but wasn't the issue Cathy's contributions? I don't recall CFA proper making any controversial contributions. Rather, it was what Cathy did with his money (admittedly, he and his make the majority of CFA corporate profits, so it's sort of a wash).

7. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

I believe his personal fortune AND company money were used.

8. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

If he had donated money to Planned Parenthood, no one would have uttered a peep.

9. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

Company money has long been funneled to these organizations. It's definitely not just Cathy's own money.

10. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

It's kind of a distinction without a difference, because CFA has a great degree of "creedal" homogeneity among its franchisees. The kinds of people running those locations are the kinds of people who'd tend to donate to those causes anyway. I just think the HuffPo article was off base, because it implies that because: A) CFA (the company) is not going to be donating to those organizations anymore; then B) those organizations are going to experience a hit to their incomes. Not sure that's necessarily the case.

11. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I don't follow.

Hypothetical: Tomorrow, the CEO of, oh, Wendy's, comes out and announces that he's a big donor to Planned Parenthood.

Rush Limbaugh doesn't make a peep?

Sean Hannity doesn't make a peep?

Rick Santorum doesn't make a peep?

The Wall Street Journal doesn't make a peep?

And if they didn't, that's on them. In the Chick-Fil-A situation, what amounts to a grass roots gay rights lobby reacted strongly and loudly. Why don't you think that pro-lifers would do the same, under parallel circumstances? And, if they didn't, wouldn't the blame lie exclusively with them? Who is this hypothetical "no one" you refer to?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.