1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Chevy Volt a Failure - GM to Layoff 1,300

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Evil Bastard (aka Chris_L), Mar 2, 2012.

1. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

2. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

3. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

4. Mr._Graybeard

Mr._Graybeard Well-Known Member

I got a good look at a Tesla at a green-energy fair a few years ago. The automated door handles that "presented" themselves convinced me I would never own one. Tbis shit is supposed to stand up in the Rust Belt?? I like luxury touches, but there's luxury and then there's gimmicks. Even worse, gimmicks that go bad after a few years.

5. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

The choice of whether to drive EVs has already been made for us.

In related news, NYC just passed regs forbidding gas heat and appliances for new construction.

The revolution will (mostly) not be powered by fossil fuels.

6. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Guess Top Chef will never be held in New York City.

7. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

Sweden has already planned to phase out sales of Internal Combustion Vehicles and I’m sure it’s in the planning stages of other European countries. It’s a matter of time and political will to do the same here.

8. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

Man… was it the battery? Braking system? Steering? This sounds really serious.

9. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

They'll start by banning the sale of new ICE cars, and let the existing pool dwindle. Less resistance.

10. da man

da man Well-Known Member

For Model 3 sedans, "the rearview camera cable harness may be damaged by the opening and closing of the trunk lid, preventing the rearview camera image from displaying," NHTSA said.

For Model S vehicles, latch problems may lead a front trunk to open "without warning and obstruct the driver’s visibility, increasing the risk of a crash," Tesla said.

Tesla recalls almost half a million electric cars over safety issues

11. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

Perfection in cars was reached by cheap, efficient, ugly Japanese sedans that lasted for half a million miles in the early 2000’s.

Carmakers: Just give me an electric 2006 Honda Civic. I don’t want options. I don’t want driver assist. Or backing cameras. Or winged doors. Or charging pads. Or entertainment systems.

I just want a basic, ugly car that gets 80 mpg. It can have crank windows and a tape deck. Don’t care. Make it electric and boring.

12. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

I've leased Civics for almost 20 years. The last pair, the a/c compressor broke on both at exactly the same time in spring 2020. Recall defect, replaced at no cost. First major defect like that I can remember.

Draft saved Draft deleted