1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Chevy Malibu

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by TwoGloves, Feb 25, 2010.

1. RedSmithClone

RedSmithClone Active Member

maybe I'm just stuck in the stone age, and I'll let it go at this. I think all new cars from 1985-today are S*H*I*T*.

2. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

That is Stone Age. The utilization of better technologies, materials, better tolerances for internal mechanical parts should make new vehicles a neverending pursuit of excitement.

The fact that some manufacturers cut too many corners and use too many cheap, cheap materials and resources are what can sour some.

3. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Well, nearly every car of today is considerably better in terms of engineering, safety, performance and fuel efficiency.

But I understand the nostalgia. I loved my '71 Malibu, my '67 Satellite, my '68 Galaxy 500 and I miss the days when I could open the hood and identify every part.

My '68 Volkswagen Beetle sucked, though.

4. IGotQuestions

IGotQuestions Member

the 1994 Cavalier was a great car. I believe the only Cavalier sold with a V6 briefly. My parents still drive theirs. The Cavalier was nothing great to look at but its engines were always tough.

5. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

Are there any aliens in the Malibu's trunk?

6. murphyc

murphyc Well-Known Member

Good to hear from another Maxx owner. Too bad Chevy had no idea how to market the car. I had to look to find they actually did one initial for the car, and it didn't help that they called it a "sedan with an extended roofline."
    If the current Malibu came in a Maxx version, that would be the bomb.
    I do enjoy going camping with all the gear fitting in the back and getting 30+ mpg.

7. TwoGloves

TwoGloves Well-Known Member

Bought the Malibu! Got it Friday, drove it once and it's been sitting in the driveway ever since. Weather has been lousy and I've got the rental until Monday so why put the miles on the new car? I'll report back if anyone cares. (And even if you don't care!)

8. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Nice. Did you get the six-cylinder or four-cylinder engine? Eighteen-inch wheels?

Good luck...We're very happy with ours a lot after six months and a nasty winter.

Draft saved Draft deleted