1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Chessboxing?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Trey Beamon, Jun 23, 2006.

1. Someone mentioned this earlier before the thread became all nicknames, but there actually did used to be a video game where it was chess but when you went to take a player you had to battle it out. So a knight couldn't always necessarily take a pawn. I don't remember the name of the game or even the system that you could play it on, but it was a kickass game.

2. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

There's a game called Battle Chess ... it's been out for MANY years ... and it's a lot like wizard chess in Harry Potter. But I never saw a case where a knight couldn't defeat a pawn. If it's a legal move, the game would always follow the rules.

3. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

I think I remember the same game alleyallen does. The game I remember showed some pretty humorous and graphic ways of the pieces dying.

For instance, the rook would transform into something like Thing and completely devour his opponent. Knights would behead their opponents.

4. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

And bishops would wave their wand over their head and zap pawns. The queen would try to knife the king in the back and the king would jack-slap her to the ground.

5. Double J

Double J Active Member

I thought this thread had something to do with the two geeks who've been bitch-slapping each other over the Aussie chess goddess.

6. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Yeah whatever time to get this thread back off-track. Gorgonzola Ogre!

7. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

The Individually-Wrapped American Assassin.

8. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

The Prince of Pasteurization

9. Double J

Double J Active Member

The Ayatollah of Rock and Rollah.....

10. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

The CheezWhiz Kidz (if there's a tag team division)

11. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

As an aside (as if this whole thread hasn't been asides)...I would Tivo the shit out of chessboxing.

Draft saved Draft deleted