1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

chess

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Rusty Shackleford, Jun 30, 2008.

1. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

Just played three games against Batman. Won the first, but the next two ..... ouch.

2. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Sorry, Jake, but I gotta brag on this...Game 2 featured a four-move checkmate. Game 3 was probably the best of the bunch, though. Quite competitive until he made a bad move and lost his queen at the end.

3. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

It's allright. I forgot a pretty basic rule to protect myself from that bishop with a pawn. Game 3 was good, but I think you were on your way to winning without the bad move. I was trying to keep putting you in check and maneuver the queen around to take that rook that was protecting the pawn that became the second queen. If I couldn't do that I didn't have much of a chance.

I'll definitely look forward to playing you again or anyone else from SportsJournalists.com.

4. spnited

spnited Active Member

A group of chess enthusiasts checked into a hotel and were
    standing in the lobby discussing their recent tournament victories. After about an hour, the manager came out of the office and asked them to disperse.
    "But why?" they asked, as they moved off.
    "Because", he said, "I can't stand chess-nuts boasting in an open foyer."

That's all I got!

5. Rumpleforeskin

Rumpleforeskin Active Member

I won a school championship when I was younger. I still play a bit. PM me if you want my Yahoo addy.

6. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Bah-dum-bum-chhhhh!
    He'll be here all week folks. Be sure to try the veal. :)

7. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Awful.

Truly horrible.

You go to the box, two minutes, and you feel shame.

8. spnited

spnited Active Member

I've got worse, Zeke, but I don't want to jack the chess thread

9. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I haven't played chess since about 2001. It became all about the money and groupies.

10. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Nah ... that's five minutes. Really shabby. :)

11. Rusty Shackleford

Rusty Shackleford Active Member

Just in case anyone cares, since I didn't post this before: I go by weinberg6 on the yahoo chess boards. I usually play in one of the social or beginners rooms. I'm rated in the 1300s. Usually play fairly late at night. Just invite me or post a time and we can play sometime. Some of the rooms there are usually empty, so we should be able to meet pretty easily.

12. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

I'll just stick with my bars, my temples, my massage parlors.

Draft saved Draft deleted