1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Cher

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Boom_70, Sep 25, 2013.

1. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

On Letterman last night for full hour. No other guests. At her
    age looks amazing and still has great voice. They spent
    a lot of time talking about the 60's rock and the talents
    who's paths she crossed.

2. Matt1735

Matt1735 Well-Known Member

Damn, wish I had stayed up for that.

3. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Was Tom Hanks brought up?

4. Matt1735

Matt1735 Well-Known Member

Actually, just watched it online (listened mostly) while I was looking at some things for work. Good show and don't think Tom Hanks was brought up.

5. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Didn't a teenage Tom Hanks bring bags to her room and Greg Allmans' room and he told a funny story about the experience? I thought that was on Letterman.

6. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Has he ever had anyone on for the full hour before? There have been times when Stern is on for all three segments and then a musical guest comes out.

7. SoCalDude

SoCalDude Active Member

I've thought that whenever any of these guys get a mega-guest, they should give them the whole show. If Ferguson gets Ringo Starr or Julie Andrews or Sean Connery, who the fuck cares about the emails and tweets. When Leno had Obama or his old lady, who cares about the comedian at the end.

8. Gold

Gold Active Member

Ringo Starr?

9. SoCalDude

SoCalDude Active Member

You're questioning his status as a mega-guest?
    Well, to each his own, even if it makes you sound foolish.
    Kimmel had Paul McCartney on last week. He told a story about a job he had before he got famous, as the No. 2 guy on a delivery truck, where he didn't really do too much.
    Kimmel said, accurately, that's a really boring story, but the fact that it's YOU saying it makes it interesting.

10. TwoGloves

TwoGloves Well-Known Member

May be the least-talented Beatle but he's still, uh, a Beatle.

11. Gold

Gold Active Member

Ringo Starr was a Beatle, and that ended 44 years ago. What has he done in, oh, the last 30 years. He is in no way comparable to Paul McCartney, Sean Connery, or Julie Andrews. Bono is a bigger name than Ringo Starr. Ringo is a capable drummer and replaced Pete Best because he was more professional, having worked with, I think, the Yardbirds. I can't recall reading anything he said which was insightful or compelling.

12. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Rory Storm and the Hurricanes.

Draft saved Draft deleted