1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Cheney's Plane Diverted

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Rough Mix, Feb 24, 2007.

1. Hey, Singapore, you can keep him.

2. HeinekenMan

HeinekenMan Active Member

Here's to hoping his next flight gets diverted into the side of Mount Fuji.

3. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Secret Service guy: Are you Mr. HeinekenMan?

HeinekenMan: Yeah. Who are you?

SS: (flips credentials)

HM: Pisses pants.

Seriously, dude. What a horrible thing to say.

4. Diasgree with his politics all you want, but wishing death on him? Stayy classy, HeinekenMan

5. HeinekenMan

What happened to "I don't agree with what you say, but I'll defend to the death you're right to say it"?

After all, isn't that the oath you took? Isn't your job to protect my freedom? Or are you simply a puppet? You're free to think for yourself as you will, but a lot of people happen to believe that Cheney perpetrated a terrific lie on the American people that has resulted in the deaths of nearly 3,000 U.S. soldiers and complete volatility in one of the most sensitive and wholly unstable parts of the world.

6. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Cheney's plane diverted again ... to Pakistan.

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/02/26/world/asia/26cnd-pakistan.html?hp

7. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure it's not in the Constitution or anything.
    He didn't say you have no right to say it, he just called you a jerk for doing so - his right which I assume you are prepared to fight to the death to protect.

8. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Not to threadjack, especially with a moral and political battle about to burst, but Air Force One (or the Veep's ride) crashing has always been a fear of mine. Imagine the absolute turmoil and suspicion that would emerge if something as horrific as this ever happened.

And if you want an interesting look at journalism and wire services in the 1960s, check out The President's Plane is Missing, by Robert Serling. Interesting read. The followup novel, years later, Air Force One is Haunted, was a pale and poor imitation.

9. HeinekenMan

I'm so sorry. Cheney just called, and he'll be over to dinner tonight. If he doesn't shoot me in the face first, I'm hoping to get his thoughts on just how much money I should invest in Halliburton and precisely when he's going to hammer through a few no-bid contracts for his buddies to clean the dead corpses off the streets in Iran.

10. Damn, alley, I thought I was the only one who read that book. Robert was Rod serling's brother, BTW.
    Unless Cheney's being diverted into a grand-jury room, I don't want to know where he is.

11. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Did you ever read the sequel? Thoroughly disappointing.

12. cortez

cortez Member

Do you think Cheney regales his staff with jokes during the runway down time?

Draft saved Draft deleted