1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Cheney's Plane Diverted

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Rough Mix, Feb 24, 2007.

1. Rough Mix

Rough Mix Guest

On MSNBC. Is it on the ground?

Edit: MSNBC.com

2. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

I don't see anything about this on the wire, and we don't have MSNBC on here.

3. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/17321413/

4. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

Cheney's plane diverted to Singapore
    Reason for course change on flight from Australia to U.S. unknown
    BREAKING NEWS
    Reuters
    Updated: 10:02 p.m. CT Feb 24, 2007

The plane carrying U.S. Vice President Dick Cheney from Australia to the United States was diverted to Singapore on Sunday because of unspecified problems, Australian Prime Minister John Howard said.

"I am not aware of the full circumstances and I have not been told except that it has been diverted," Howard told reporters in Sydney.

"As to the precise circumstances I'm not as yet advised," he said.

Australian media including Sky Television and Australian Associated Press reported that the plane had experienced unspecified mechanical problems.

A spokeswoman for the U.S. consulate in Sydney said she was not aware of the circumstances or of Cheney's proposed route and referred further questions to the White House.

The United States embassy in Singapore said it was not aware of any problems with Cheney's plane or of his planned route.

Cheney's plane left Sydney's international airport at about 9 a.m. to return to the United States.

Cheney was in Sydney as part of a trip to thank Washington's Iraq war allies Japan and Australia and to reassure them that President Bush's plans to inject 21,500 more troops would help quell violence.

Copyright 2007 Reuters Limited. All rights reserved. Republication or redistribution of Reuters content is expressly prohibited without the prior written consent of Reuters.

URL: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/17321413/

5. dawgpounddiehard

dawgpounddiehard Active Member

Sounds to me like a group of pissed off quails are seeking revenge.

6. Why? Cheney never shot them.

7. Maybe he got horny.

8. dawgpounddiehard

dawgpounddiehard Active Member

Ah, but that was his intention when his lawyer friend got in the way. If I was a quail, I'd be pissed.

9. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

10. BYH

BYH Active Member

HAHAHAHAHHA!!!!

Why do you hate America, Ellis?

11. Because I'm a gay-loving, God-hating, flag-burning, draft-dodging Communist.

12. Well, there's an invitation for Yawn, the thread-killer, if I've ever seen one ... any minute now ..

Draft saved Draft deleted