1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Cheney Unhinged.

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Fenian_Bastard, Sep 24, 2007.

1. boots

boots New Member

I'm not surprised that he and maybe others had a wild thought. You don't think that W hasn't had a thought of bumping someone off.
    It's a thought. Not an action. That's why I'm not particularly bothered by it.
    Hell, I'm sure he might have thought about slapping his wife around. But did he do it? No. That's the difference. You can't be tried for having weird thoughts.

2. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

3. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Your analogies are completely off the wall and I do believe you're just being contradictory for the sake of being cool and laid back. This is a big deal and failure to see otherwise, especially from someone claiming to have covered politics (and I probably should have prefaced that with the national label) is disturbing.

4. boots

boots New Member

What you fail to realize is that politicians are human beings. They have wild thoughts just like anyone else. I don't put them or athletes on pedestals.
    If you had said Chaney did something, then I might have a reason to get upset. But to get upset because the guy had a wild assed idea, it's not logical to me. It's not about being contradictory or cool. It's about reality and the reality is the guy didn't do anything.

5. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

Where is the paragraph in this story where someone explains to Cheney that he's not the fucking president? Since when do Vice Presidents get to have their finger on the trigger? Or do they only wake up George when it's time to congratulate the winner of the Little League World Series?

6. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Boots, how many thoughts do you have which are never vocalized? The fact that he shared those thoughts with others is what's scarey. I can think about lots, but as long as I keep those thoughts to myself they're harmless. These thoughts, with the consequences being plentiful, were shared, which brings them close to fruition.

7. boots

boots New Member

But it didn't happen.
    He shared his thoughts. Big deal. He didn't react and to me that's far more important than telling anyone about who he thought about bombing.
    If Chaney had said he thought about bedding Jessica Alba, would that a crime? No. But if he did, well that's adultery. There's a difference, in my book. We can say what we think. We can think crazy things.
    Reacting on those dreams is something different in my eyes.

8. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Boots, this administration has already invented a set of circumstances to put us into a costly and unnecessary war in Iraq, so people naturally find it disturbing that the chief architect of that debacle is now conniving to get people behind a war in Iran.

The U.S.A., starting wars under false pretense since 1898. Remember the Maine!

9. boots

boots New Member

Yeah, the country is fucked up. The guys in charged are fucked up. We all know that.
    My contention is not to worry about things people think about. I worry about things people do.

10. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

And yet, what people do is almost always preceded by what people think. Interesting cause and effect thing going on with the species there.

11. JR

JR Well-Known Member

The world would be a better place if Cheney didn't think. Period.

12. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

Cheney probably envies Saddam because he could only fantasize about doing to Bush's opposition the things Saddam did to his.
    And he does see eye to eye on social issues with the Taliban, too. That's why we didn't take them all out when we invaded Afghanistan.

Draft saved Draft deleted