1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Cheney Unhinged.

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Fenian_Bastard, Sep 24, 2007.

1. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Well we know Boots isn't Stalin at least.

But he sure likes to be contrarian just for the hell of it.

2. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I, for one, think Cheney's plan is pure genius. We could start with air and missile attacks of Iran. Then roll in with tanks.

The Iranians would treat us as liberators and we could instill Democracy in that country and use it as a springboard for the entire Middle East.

What could go wrong?

3. Flying Headbutt

Do they have the right candy over there for them to throw at us?

4. boots

boots New Member

It's no big deal because nothing happened. You're getting worked up because a guy had a wild thought. Again, nothing happened.
    What part of that do you not understand and I'll glady try to put it in a way that I think you can comprehend where I'm coming from.
    And before you reply with a snarky remark, my comment is not meant to be nasty in any way.

5. So it's just empty and meaningless?

6. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

7. Flying Headbutt

Ok then, and not to be snarky or anything either, but have you covered politics? Do you really follow the nuances and the shifts or do you just kind of scan over the surface and not delve deeper? Because the wild thought has catostrophic implications that anyone who seriously follows this can comprehend.

It'd be like if we were in the middle of fighting Vietnam, we had England bomb China under the premise that we'd go in right behind them and war there too. Plus, it's likely that during a time when diplomacy would be as necessary as cold medicine, sunlight, and oxygen, we'd be looking for a new Secretary of State to replace the one that would resign in disgust.

8. boots

boots New Member

I have covered politics. The guy has a wild assed idea. He didn't act on it.
    To me, his actions mean more than his thoughts. For example, I've talked to people and thought about smashing them in their heads until the white meat showed.
    It was a thought. Not an action.
    There is a difference.

9. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

The SportsJournalists.com Multiphasic Personality Profile works its eerie magic yet again.

10. Flying Headbutt

Yes, and the difference is you're just a regular guy talking about leaving one body with no head, and this is one of the dozen or so most powerful men on the planet who is capable of triggering the loss of thousands of lives at the snap of a finger.

If I say we should get Israel to bomb Iran no one thinks twice. If Vice President Cheney, with his track record and hard on for war, tells Israel to bomb Iran, it's a little different. It's substantially different. His thoughts carry a little more weight than even the actions of others.

11. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Not a bad idea to wear a tinfoil hat so Dick Cheney's evil thoughts don't permeate your cranium.

12. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
Draft saved Draft deleted