1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Cheney On Meet The Press Sunday

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Flying Headbutt, Sep 9, 2006.

1. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

It doesn't come off that he believes it. I also got the feeling he doesn't bother with anything that disputes his own beliefs about something, that he instead remains very narrow minded.

2. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

I'm watching it right now. He knows that he is being made to look like a schmuck. There isn't much he can do about it, though, other than to stick to his story. You don't get hammered this badly, and not know that you are taking a beating. He looks to me like a man licking his wounds as best as he can... but he's bleeding like a muther.

3. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Ragu, it doesn't get any better.

4. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Wow. This is brutal. Thanks for the eye-opener on this thread.

LOL - It sounds like George Tenet was running this country a few years ago.. Every mistake was 'cause of George Tenet.

5. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Which is why GB gave him a Medal of Freedom!

6. friend of the friendless

friend of the friendless Active Member

Mr Poindexter,

My thoughts exactly. I can only hope that Tenet is on MTP next week to admit all the mistakes he made that made Cheney/Bush look bad. I still wonder why they placed such trust in the word of one hold-over from the previous administration (Tenet) but not another (Clarke). Maybe it's just me but Tenet looks like an apple-polisher--but how bad can he want that freakin' medal.

YHS, etc

7. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

The dogs bark, but the caravan rolls on.

8. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Not for much longer, thank Lincoln.

9. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

The previous major Islamic terrorist attack on US territory came on Feb. 26, 1993, approximately five weeks after George Bush, Sr. completed his term. ;)

(I know Poppy and Shrubby aren't technically Sr. and Jr., but in practical fact, they are. ::) )

10. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

1993. We know what you meant. It's all good.

11. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

I believe it was his first appearance on MTP in three years.

12. There have been no terrorist attacks on our soil since 9/11?
    Doesn't anthrax count?

LAST THROES UPDATE:
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/09/10/AR2006091001204.html

Thanks, Dick.

Draft saved Draft deleted