1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Cheney Lusts For Another War

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Fenian_Bastard, Aug 10, 2007.

1. ....the play sucked.
    /mrs. lincoln

2. Duane Postum

Duane Postum Member

I remember that Krauthammer column.

Pretty fucking scary.

3. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

The more I think about it, all was lost the instant Colin Powell backed down. There's nobody strong enough, even if willing, to fight Cheney. The Democratic Congress? A laughingstock at this point. We need a full-scale political revolt and the Democrats are too busy cutting bad deals with the ill-conceived thought of regaining the center. There are more political cowards in Washington right now than at anytime in memory.

4. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Martial law. No elections. President Cheney. Long time.

5. The cynical ass inside of me says all it would take would Democrats telling the public that gas would go up to $6-7/gallon for public opinion to be 80-20 against attacking Iran. I know Bush says he does what he does and he doesn't care what anybody thinks, but if a large majority of the public is against it, wouldn't Rove and other Republicans who still want a political future step in?

Imagine if they attack Iran sometime next spring, as the article says, all hell breaks loose in the resulting 6-9 months leaving the ultimate fucked up situation for the next President.

The mind boggles.

6. Songbird

Who doesn't like puppies?! Cheney. He puts them in a blender and drinks their bark.

7. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

I didn't know whether to go here or the baseball thread, but let's just say that it's a dark, dark day.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  8. Mmac

Mmac Guest

I'd say public opinion is already more than 80-20 against attacking Iran. The $6-7 per gallon news would make it more like 98-2. Honestly, after the unending pain of this Iraq debacle, who outside of a few neo-con whackos is in favor of starting shit with the much larger and stronger Iran? Nobody I know.

9. jimmymcd

jimmymcd Guest

Let Iran take care of Iran. A few more pushes by the sane faction in Teheran should do the trick.
    TBS, anyone who thinks martial law is gonna come our way to disrupt the '08 elections is delusional.

10. Songbird

Thousand possibilities for '08 elections. Martial law is just one. As is the possibility of smooth, clean, fair elections.

11. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

Zeke, sorry you had a taste of the shame I endured when this was common sight in my home team's stadium:
    [​IMG]

12. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

These are prime examples why hockey should be more popular with American fans.

Draft saved Draft deleted