1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Cheney Lusts For Another War

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Fenian_Bastard, Aug 10, 2007.

1. http://www.mcclatchydc.com/227/story/18834.html

Jesus. Stop this guy.

2. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

I'm not sure why we shouldn't go into Iran. This administration has routinely demonstrated that it is completely capable of launching a successful military mission at every turn.

3. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

Ahmadinejad we hardly knew ye.

4. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

Hold on there Rev, is that your normal blue font, or did you make it a little bluer?

5. There's nobody in the military who can stop him because the upper echelons have been purged of anyone with another opinion.
    There's the Democratic Congress....oh, wait...milk just went up my nose.
    Who is there?
    Condi Rice and Bob Gates.
    Period.
    Jesus wept.

6. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

It's almost like the Bush Administration is on a summer road trip across the U.S. and sees a roadsign for Yellowstone Park or the Grand Canyon 200 miles away. Sure it might take them out of their way, but "when will we get another chance to go there?"

7. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

If little dick cheney lusts after anything, his weak heart will give out. The greatest gift the democrats could give the American people is to send Vice President a $10,000 gift certificate to Morton's Steak House.

8. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

Come on GB! When has Cheney ever done anything that says he's not trustworthy? They don't call him Deep Dicking Pool of Honesty for nothing you know!

9. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

If anyone in the Bush Administration/higher echelons of the military want a strike against Iran, I say make it MANDATORY that all of their age-eligible children serve in front-line military units.

10. Can I have a unicorn, too?

11. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Cheney's "weak heart" is a fucking myth. The dude is powered by a plutonium-fueled cyborg cardiac device. He'll outlive us all. After the war, it'll be the radioactive mutated cockroaches, Keith Richards and Dick Cheney.

He'll be in fine shape to take over when Shrubby decides to "step down due to health concerns" on Halloween Night, 2008, and of course Emperor Palpacheney's first move will be to suspend elections for "a safe and secure society," since by that time, we'll be fighting a 5-fronted war (Iraq, Iran, Pakistan, North Korea and Venezuela).

[​IMG]

12. Charles Krauthammer -- I know he's an odd columnist to cite -- laid out what would happen if we bombed Iran in a column, I think last year. Iran would disrupt oil production, causing oil to go up to $100/barrel (price of gas would go to $5-$6/gallon), which in turn would cause an economic crisis in the US which would cause a worldwide economic crisis.

Not to mention that the entire Muslim community, not just those who already are on the fence or already hate us, would go ape shit. Terror attacks would increase in Europe and there could be a strike inside the US. Iran would step up its support of Hezbola (sp?).

Inside Iran, the public, a large percentage of which aren't great fans of Ahdmenijad (sp?) would unite around the country and its leadership.

Additionally, there would be no guarantee that we would take out all their nuclear reactors, since some are hidden or deeply fortified.

Other than that...

EDIT: I found a link to that column. It's absolutely frightening that they're considering this.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/09/14/AR2006091401413.html

"An attack on Iran is likely to send oil prices overnight to $100 or even to $150 a barrel. That will cause a worldwide recession perhaps as deep as the one triggered by the Iranian revolution of 1979."

Of course, Krauthammer argues any price we pay is necessary, blah, blah, blah. Make up your own mind.

Draft saved Draft deleted