1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Cheney blood clot

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by sportschick, Mar 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DocTalk

DocTalk Active Member

Wishing to put this"death" thing to rest. People with blood clots who are treated appropriately do not die from it or a pulmonary embolus.

Many people have to take coumadin forever, usually because of a heart rhythm called atrial fibrillation; it decreases the risk of stroke. But coumadin is a tough drug since it is metabolized by the liver in the same pathways as many other medications, most especially antibiotics. The dose needs to be constantly monitored and adjusted, so that people on coumadin end up with monthly monitoring blood tests, easy skin bruising, bleeding from relatively trivial injuries and they have to live with the spectre of potential bleeding from their stomach or bowel or into their brain. That said, the drug is a life saver for many.

Risk and reward, risk and reward.

2. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

If Cheney was just a bad guy, nobody would wish him dead. But his arrogance is killing thousands of young Americans. He must be stopped, preferably by fair means, but...

3. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Just as idiot-boy Quayle was great insurance for the Old Man, Cheney's presence in the two hole
    is great insurance for W.

4. zizzer

zizzer Active Member

My opinion of a lot of you people on here has reached an all-time low....

5. RAMBO

RAMBO Member

I hope he dies just like he almost killed his friend in that hunting accident.

6. It's a message board. Chill out. See it for the humor. It's one of the funniest threads I've seen on here.

7. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

A whole big bunch of you are going to hell. I think Cheney is a terrible person, but wishing death on him? That is one of many things that lowers my opinion of humanity.

8. There's a fine line between wishing death and knowing the world would be a better place ...

9. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Well hell, the world would be a better place if I died. Doesn't mean I'd want people wishing it on me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.