1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Chelsea Handler's ratings topping Conan

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Smasher_Sloan, Jul 1, 2011.

1. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Based on her stand-up special and one of her books that I read on a plane, she's a 6-7 in looks and about a 4 in humor.

2. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

I think many guys find Handler's ribald attitude hot.

3. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

She's gotten better first-segment comedy "sidekicks" recently, I've noticed.

In the past few weeks, I've noticed former MADtv cast members Arden Myrin and Bobby Lee, stand-up Whitney Cummings (who's getting her own ABC sitcom in the fall), among others. Makes a great improvement over some of the no-names who felt they had to scream to be noticed.

4. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

I agree - I wish he'd kind of say "eff you" to the publicists and just book guests that he works well with. Norm MacDonald, Tracy Morgan, McBrayer, Patton Oswalt, a couple others... Instead, on all the shows we get things like Paris Hilton as the lead guest, and she's wooden as eff.

5. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Chelsea Handler: 2 in looks, 1 in humor.
    Conan: 2 in looks, 10 in humor.

Conan wins in my book.

6. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Isn't this a great country? Ms. Handler can get a talk show and get five books published simply by being a potty-mouthed skank and broadcast that fact to the world.

7. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

As a wise man once said, it's all in the game. She's got the mouth and the implants.

8. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Chelsea Handler';s best joke is the one where she says she's 35 years old. Make me laugh every time.

9. Mizzougrad96

I read one of her books on a cross-country flight. I think I found it in the airport and have five hours to kill.

It was essentially her saying, "I'm a whore, here are my stories..."

10. Smasher_Sloan

Smasher_Sloan Active Member

As opposed to someone who truly earns their fame like, say, Charles Barkley?

11. Mizzougrad96

Barkley didn't have to sleep with the Sixers owner to get drafted.

12. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Chelsea Handler is one of those figures, like Dane Clark, where the world will look back and a decade and say "THAT was popular?" It's like my son's horrified reaction to the idea there was a period in American popular culture history where Andrew Dice Clay filled arenas.
    She's not funny, she's not exceptionally attractive, and that she apparently likes casual sex is of very little personal relevance to television viewers.

Draft saved Draft deleted