1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Chelsea Clinton to NBC Nightly News

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by MisterCreosote, Nov 14, 2011.

1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

I wonder how many producers they assigned to her to try and help her deliver three stories they could put on the air.

2. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Well, at least she'll last longer than Kim and Kris' marriage.

3. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

By 31 you should be comfortable enough in your own skin to do this. Especially when you consider she was stumping across the country in front of live audiences and cameras for her Mom in 2008.

4. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Ed Bradley's working even harder.

5. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

As far as I know, Luke Russert is the only one of these charity cases to admit he snagged a plum job because he was the child of a famous parent.

6. YankeeFan

This is terrible. Chelsea Clinton "interviews" the Geico Gecko:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/04/26/chelsea-clinton-geico-gecko-weird_n_3164860.html?ir=Media

If the premise is bad, her delivery is worse. A sing-song reading of the script that isn't worthy of a rookie news anchor in North Dakota.

7. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

I bet she'll get 20 percent off her car insurance.

8. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

It's bad, and yet it's not half as bad as the time Diane Sawyer allowed herself to be serenaded by the Pets.com sock puppet. That was truly horrific. And these days Sawyer delivers the nightly news like Miss Nancy from Romper Room.

9. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

And NBC wonders why it's behind Univision in the ratings.

10. dog eat dog world

dog eat dog world New Member

Because she has a nice hefty allowance, and to do this only adds credibility to her political aspirations.
    God only knows, with her blood and her Stanford roots, she's a God send for NBC's liberal base.

11. NoOneLikesUs

NoOneLikesUs Active Member

She's no liberal.

12. YankeeFan

Sure she is.

But, I don't think liberals are celebrating her interview with a cartoon character.

Draft saved Draft deleted