1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Chelsea Clinton to NBC Nightly News

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by MisterCreosote, Nov 14, 2011.

1. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

The funny thing is, if his dad was still around I don't think there is a chance in hell he'd be on NBC. Maybe Tim would have lined him up with a good job on the Hill or with an NBC affiliate somewhere - but he would have encouraged him to chart his own path.

2. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Still waiting for the call from NBC.

3. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

I wonder how much practice/training she received. Did they rush her on the air?

I'd think she would have hired someone to help her work in front of the camera (yeah, that sounds dirty), before she even approached the networks. Doesn't sound like she did.

But, NBC should have had her do a lot of practice reports before putting out there like that. The reviews have been harsh.

4. DanOregon

The funny thing about it (and I realize Rock Center is aired live) is that the unscripted short q and a part at the end with Williams might have been her best part of the thing.
    I don't think she wants to be a journalist, I think she wants shine a light on people who could use some help and is using NBC and her celebrity to do so.
    The morning shows have several of these "special correspondents" (various celebrities discussing areas of their interest)
    You wonder why she doesn't use her parent's contacts to start a "Clinton Initiative" to focus on the U.S.

5. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Wayne Summers and Hackem Warrick are pulling for him.

6. Greenhorn

Greenhorn Active Member

I don't really see any upside to hiring Chelsea Clinton. You get controversy for a complete neophyte who won't bring in ratings.

7. Double J

Double J Active Member

"Heh, beh-bee, uh-huh-huh-huh-huh. I noticed you have braces. I have braces too."

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  8. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

At least Boom Goes the Dynamite got better.

9. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Chelsea is 31 and will be 32 soon. C'mon, she might be a late bloomer.

10. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

90 day contract, and she may not re-up. "Chelsea wanted a 90-day contract to see if she liked it."

Good lord.

Maybe they should give her a reality show, like the one Paris Hilton had. Every 90 days, she can get a different high profile job.

11. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Hearing that she's 31 makes me feel really old.

12. DanOregon

Three stories in 90 days? Morley Safer is working harder at 60 Minutes.

Draft saved Draft deleted