1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Chelsea Clinton to NBC Nightly News

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by MisterCreosote, Nov 14, 2011.

1. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

How many former athletes/coaches can we say the same thing about?

2. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Yeah, that's been said.

3. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Blatant Thread Jack Alert ....

SPEAKING OF KYLE SHANAHAN, FUCK THE LITTLE TWIT.

Okay. This Redskins fan feels better for 10 seconds.

4. Kyle Shanahan as your team's OC is bad. Chris Polian as your team's GM is worse. Bill Polian is a jerk, but at least he knows football. Chris Polian's rise to GM of the Colts is nepotism at its finest.

5. crimsonace

crimsonace Well-Known Member

I'll speak from experience ... I can be extremely awkward at social settings, but throw a microphone in front of me and it's like nobody exists ... just me and the mic. People ask how you can be extremely introverted, but be a broadcaster/announcer ... but you don't see anyone except the mic (or the camera).

6. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Somebody's ears are burning.

[​IMG]

7. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

At one of the Broncos Super Bowls, someone asked Shannon Sharpe if he had horded all of the personality among his siblings. He thought it was pretty funny.

8. TheHacker

TheHacker Member

OK, so I know that what I'm about to say is neither here nor there ... the world is the way it is and when your dad is a former U.S. President, these are simply the doors that are open to you ... but I just watched Chelsea Clinton's debut on NBC Nightly News and it pissed me off.

She did a decent Making a Difference story about a woman in Arkansas who has apparently sacrificed her entire life savings to run a program that feeds at-risk kids. But her presentation was just plain bad. Whether she was speaking to Brian Williams live in the studio, or interviewing the woman in the piece or doing the voiceover for the piece, she was flat, monotone. No idea how to deliver ... no life, no enthusiasm to her whatsoever. Does she even want to be doing this? You can't really tell. It's like the line in Broadcast News, where William Hurt tells Albert Brooks, you need to punch one word every sentence. No punch for Chelsea. Somebody needs to get her a copy of that movie.

Yeah, yeah, I know I'm pissing into a hurricane by saying this, but as I watched her, I couldn't help thinking about all the hard-working TV people with actual talent and experience who will never sniff the NBC Nightly News studio, while she gets it handed to her because she's the president's daughter. And no, I've never worked in broadcasting, so I'm not talking about me.

If she were actually good, I'd withhold comment. But she's not. And I can't.

What a crock.

9. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Sounds exactly like what everyone expected.

10. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Brian Williams has to be embarrassed.

Russert's kid has at least gotten to be pretty good.

11. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Pssst....wrong thread

12. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

I did my part and did not watch. The more you know ...

Draft saved Draft deleted