1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Chelsea Clinton to NBC Nightly News

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by MisterCreosote, Nov 14, 2011.

1. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

2. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

No. No. No.
    From everything I've read about her, along with a personal observation, this won't work. I don't think Chelse likes the spotlight. At the '08 Providence Newspaper Guild Follies, four days before the Mass. and R.I. primaries, she arrived during cocktail hour to do some politicking for her mom. Sen. Sheldon Whitewhite was shlepping her around to meet the VIPs, with the hoi polloi following her around, and to put it mildly, she did not look comfortable at all. Not that she's unattractive (on TV or in person), but I just don't see her at ease in front of a camera.

3. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

Glad to see someone who has struggled so much to find a job land a gig in the business.

4. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

What's her end game?

I've always wondered that.

I was surprised she didn't go to law school. I've been surprised she hasn't entered politics. Surely she'll get the bug at some point.

5. podunk press

podunk press Active Member

Good for her?

She's set for life and can do whatever she wants.

6. ColdCat

ColdCat Well-Known Member

being comfortable hob-nobbing with strangers and being confortable on TV are two totally different things. I hate large groups of people I'm expected to socialize with, but I was fine being on camera when I worked in TV. You just convince yourself it's just you and the camera.

7. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I read the story about the hiring. Seems she was trying to figure out "what to do next" and got a meeting with the head of NBC News.
    Now it isn't like NBC was going to hire a real reporter for the gig if Clinton wasn't interested - but I can't wait until NBC hires Sasha and Malia Obama as toy correspondents on what to get kids for Christmas. It's embarrassing all around.

8. Mystery Meat II

Mystery Meat II Well-Known Member

Hell, Jenna Bush is on the NBC News payroll as well. More like the Nu Beta Chi news sorority for presidental daughters.

9. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

It's funny you mentioned Jenna since she's shilling her book tomorrow at the university I attend.

10. steveu

steveu Well-Known Member

Did I not recall Chelsea being snotty toward the media when Hillary was running? And now you're the media? Hmm.

11. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

She refused to answer question from a little 8-year-old!

12. JC

JC Well-Known Member

So she would be like every other athlete, coach or GM that ended up in the media.

Draft saved Draft deleted