1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Chef reviews Nashville Hot "Chicken"

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Chef2, Feb 3, 2016.

1. Fly

Fly Well-Known Member

Tried Hattie B's when a buddy brought some to a gathering in Indy two years ago (hot and shut-the-cluck-up). Thought it had loads of flavor but StCU was BLAZIN', mouth on fire hot.

If you're ever in Columbus (OH) try Hot Chicken Takeover at North Market. Only open 11am - 3pm Tue-Sun, and the line could be out the door most of the time (but moved quite quickly). However, the chicken (we each got Hot, not brave enough for Holy...) was very tasty. Decent mac and cheese and tasty slaw come with the meals, and the iced tea (sweet and unsweet) are free. Worth a stop if you're in Buckeyeville.

2. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

I hear ya. Also just the accents in some of the southern NJ counties are closer to those of southern USA than North NJ or NY.

3. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

Bump for the Georgia Gold KFC.

I haven't been to a KFC in years. Tried it today.

Holy F is it good. Seriously.

I'd stay married if I could eat this every day.

Chef2, Buck and Jake_Taylor like this.
  4. John

John Well-Known Member

If you've got a Taqueria del Sol near you (Atlanta area, Athens, Nashville), their special taco this week is the hot chicken.

5. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

I would love to open up a shop similar to that. A build your own taco/burrito place where you could get a good margarita while you're there.

6. John

John Well-Known Member

The Taq is a simply spectacular place. Food, drive and service are all A or A+.

7. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Finally trying Prince's for the first time. Do not get medium like I did. For God's sake certainly don't get hot. Lord almighty I'm fixin' to die.

Hermes likes this.
  8. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Here's the thing.
    I can eat hot as long as it's got good flavor.
    If it's hot just to be hot, and taste like turpentine, then no thanks.
    If it's hot and has a good flavor to it, I'm all in.

9. dixiehack

Oh it's plenty flavorful. Very tasty (although not appreciably better than its competition). But the thing is I'm still tasting it eight hours later.

Also, I wasn't thinking at the end of the meal and peed before washing my hands. For about 30 minutes it felt like I stuck my dick in a jar of Icy Hot.

FileNotFound and I Should Coco like this.
  10. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

Now you know why Moises Alou never ate hot wings before a ball game!

Chef2 likes this.
  11. dixiehack

After a few hours of fitful sleep and ominous rumblings, the first installment of the bill came due. Not pretty.

FileNotFound likes this.
  12. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

They seldom are.

Draft saved Draft deleted