1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Chef reviews Nashville Hot "Chicken"

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Chef2, Feb 3, 2016.

1. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

What's the lede hed in Today's Sunbeam?

2. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I love that this thread starts with a review of KFC "Nashville hot chicken" and detours into how Southern parts of New Jersey are.

It's a bizarro quinella!

3. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Carney's Point rules!

Last edited: Jul 5, 2016
  4. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

yeah some people from the south actually do. had relatives from Fla and Ga (if that's the south) say towns in South NJ are more like the South than NYC.

5. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

The SJ towns are more like the South than the SJ towns are like NYC, or the SJ towns are more like the South than the South is like NYC?

6. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

Probably both. Original statement was, 'part of South NJ is below the Mason Dixon line.' Visiting some towns in South NJ and that is pretty clear.

7. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

There is some overlap between Southern culture and rural culture, but they aren't interchangeable.

OscarMadison likes this.
  8. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Just joshing.

I am a proud son of NJ.
    Other than family vacations to Miami and St. Petersburg Beach, I know nothing of the South. So I can't speak to the accuracy of the comparison.
    However, the point is correct that places in vast portions of Salem County, Cumberland County and Cape May County, even small portions of Gloucester County, are extremely different from the average Americans assumptions about NJ.

9. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

Yeah, Monmouth County differs from the average American's assumption about NJ too. It's actually nice. :)

10. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

I have lived in Bergen, Gloucester, Camden and Atlantic counties.

11. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

I've been to Monmouth College.

12. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

My in-laws live there. Asbury Park is no longer a city of ruins, Red Bank is fun. Beaches are decent, there are ponies to bet on. Fun place to visit.

Draft saved Draft deleted