1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Chef reviews Nashville Hot "Chicken"

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Chef2, Feb 3, 2016.

1. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

I laughed out loud at your tale of "something unholy," Chef, and then...

I tried KFC'z new product. Hours later, narrowly avoided explosive trouser chili. Damn, do they make it with Exlax?!?!

2. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Publix's deli has great wings. Never had the crab legs, but I hear they're worth stealing.

3. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

3 words.....muddy pond water

4. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

I think "Lightning Chicken" comes in all shapes, forms and delivery locations.

5. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

6. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

South Jersey is below the Mason Dixon line. People in other parts of the country may think everyone in NJ sounds like Tony Soprano or the dopes from Jersey Shore. But parts of Salem, Cumberland, Gloucester and Cape May counties are closer to Alabama or Mississippi than North Jersey.

7. OscarMadison

OscarMadison Well-Known Member

I'm vegan now, but when I ate meat, I'd swear by Bolton's.

And I'd take a bullet for Ms. Geraldine. Try one of her pies. She will not lead you wrong.

93Devil, Publix has the best olive/pickled things/pepper bars in the hemisphere. Unfortunately, they will remove it if Cousin Eddie types insist on treating it like a little bitty Trader Joes sampler counter. Don't let this happen to your community. Things are just a little less zippity doo dah here since they replaced the bar in my store with a table full of croissants.

8. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

The first part is geographically true. Cape May is farther south latitudinally than Baltimore and almost even with Washington DC.

But it's 214 miles from Cape May to Port Jarvis, and Alabama and Mississippi aren't that close even as the crow flies.

9. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Royal Farms fried chicken. Its just great.

Want it hot? Dip it in your favorite hot sauce.

10. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

Yes, didn't mean it was closer in miles to Alabama and Mississippi. Meant that if you were dropped off in a rural Salem county town you'd think it was more like Alabama than NYC or a North Jersey suburb.

11. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Mason Dixon line would cross through Blackwood, intersection of the Pike and Blackwood-Clementon road.

Hard to remember. Been a long time since I've been a regular in those parts.

12. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

You might think that, but no one from the (actual) South would.

OscarMadison likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted