1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Cheerleading

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by JBHawkEye, Nov 6, 2006.

1. KP

KP Active Member

For the most part the seniors are 18.

2. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

I want to pick the All-Area cheerleading team. :D :D

3. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

If parents say they want cheerleading to be covered like a sport, fine. I'd just tell Wanda Kay Hornswoggle that if her daughter ends up out for the season after spraining her spine performing the death spiral at amateur night at the Bada Bing, or if Heather Chandler is questionable with a sprained uterus, that's going in the paper- we'll cover their injuries and off-field incidents too, just like the football team's.
    That didn't go on in Wanda Kay's day, I'll bet.

4. KP

KP Active Member

Becca Backflip - did not participate (cramps) That will go over real well in the note column.

5. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

6. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

Girls basketball team in Tennessee won a title in the 70s with a center who was five months pregnant ... if I'd been there it would have been the best lede ever:

NASHVILLE – The losing team was outnumbered from the start.

7. modryrox

modryrox New Member

If they did have basketball games surrounding cheerleading competion, we might actually show up to cover the hoops game.

Draft saved Draft deleted