1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Cheerleading captain dies during boob augmentation surgery

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Kid Presentable, Mar 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

She died while the doctors were augmenting her boobs that she loved.

RIP

Heaven needed a vapid, superficial, teen with esteem issues.

2. Bill Horton

Bill Horton Active Member

LOTS of kids have reserved parking spaces at school. That's pretty typical nowadays with so many kids driving.
    At the most crowded schools, seniors get the best spaces, followed by the juniors. At my son's school, the new sophomore drivers have to park down by the football stadium and walk to school.

3. Chef

Chef Active Member

Students were charging $1 per candle to give to the family to help with expenses.

Yeah.

She's 18, she's getting implants, and driving a Lexus.........I sincerely doubt the family needs the money.

4. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

When I was a senior in high school 22 years ago, we had reserved parking spaces. No one had a Lexus, of course, or fake boobs, though.

5. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

Yeah, but grab a hold. They'll at least float.

6. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

When I was in high school, we didn't have reserved parking spaces.

But most of us were boobs.

7. Rumpleforeskin

Rumpleforeskin Active Member

At least the kids can turn the dead ones over and use them as rafts. One ticket to hell, please.

8. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

I'm guessing that patients are given some fine print, legalese language to read and sign that talks about the potential dangers of elective cosmetic surgery.

I'd personally like to see it be made a little more black and white. Something along the lines of handing them a sheet that states:

"XX,XXX people died last year during cosmetic surgeries. Still want to go through with it?"

Might not have saved this girl; maybe wouldn't prevent any deaths at all.

But, it might at least make some folks think and consider their choice a little more and understand the risk is just a wee bit more than a trip to the dentist.

9. Rockbottom

Rockbottom Well-Known Member

Sad story.

And WTF, Palm Beach Post? Nice editing ... the girl's last name is spelled THREE different ways in the story!

rb

10. Flash

Flash Guest

No, it actually won't make people think.

I visited the Columbia Glacier last summer. At the end of the safe point, there are signs all over the place: DO NOT PROCEED PAST THIS POINT. UNSAFE CONDITIONS.

The signs advise there are snow-covered crevasses all over the glacier. People have fallen into these crevasses and there has never been a successful recovery off the Columbia Glacier.

And yet scores of people trudged on ahead of me, my friend and my dog. Many of them had their children in tow. And anyone of them could have dropped into a crevasse right before my eyes. It didn't happen, but it could have.

You can advise people all you want. But you can't stop them from making stupid decisions.

11. Italian_Stallion

Italian_Stallion Active Member

Damn. That's a disturbing story. I betcha mom has some fake boobs.

12. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Some are calling this girl vapid with self-esteem issues and such, but boob jobs have gotten so common -- regrettably -- in our culture that I think railing against someone from getting a boob job will be like complaining about kids watching too much TV or talking on the phone.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.