1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Cheerleading captain dies during boob augmentation surgery

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Kid Presentable, Mar 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

We had reserved spots during my senior year.

2. SigR

SigR Member

247,000 women. In one year in America. We are on the Titanic.

3. Flash

Flash Guest

A girl's breasts aren't even done developing at 18.

4. Second Thoughts

Second Thoughts Active Member

It's becoming too common for moms to give their daughters new boobs for their high school graduation. That's just sick.

And she was 18 so she maybe could do it on her own, but she had to have the money. I'm sure her parents would have known.

5. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

I'm floored. Any adult who particpated in this event deserves Starman justice. And I'd say the same had the surgery been a "success." No way should this have been allowed to happen.

6. zebracoy

zebracoy Guest

Does anyone think the writer was trying to weasel in something between the lines with the following?

Kind of seems, to me, like he's trying to cut her down. Regardless, an absolutely tragic story.

7. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I didn't get that impression.

8. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

At 18, you are old enough to be shipped out to Iraq. An adult.

9. NightOwl

NightOwl Guest

Sad story. More for why she died than for the fact that she died.

She was a beautiful girl, I guess. And she was desperate to be more beautiful, for whatever reason. Many would say she was beautiful enough as she was.

And yet she thought she had to have more.

Was she misguided, or is American society misguided here?

"Wow, look at her rack. She must be cool."

10. Very, very sad story. This person must have had some serious self-esteem issues.

11. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

A couple of things:

1. Whatever happened to stuffing tissue paper in your bra? One girl in my class my sophomore year did that and went from a chest flatter than west Kansas to a C cup ... and regretted the day ever since.

2. Ironic this thread was started by someone called Kid Presentable.

12. Kids I can understand being bothered about their looks. It's the fucking parents that blow my mind.

I'm very sorry they lost their daughter and I'm sure they are inconsolable, but D-A-M-N WTF are you thinking allowing an 18-year-old to get a boob job?!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.