1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Cheech and Chong to spark 'em up again

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by DanOregon, Jul 31, 2008.

1. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

While the show might be funny, I can think of few places I'd rather stay away from more than an auditorium full of potheads remembering the great times of smoking out in the 70s. It would be similar to a Carrot Top's 25th Anniversary Tour or Gallagher or going to a CSN concert these days and seeing parking lots full of Lexus sedans and SUVs.

(AP) LOS ANGELES — Their feud finally having gone up in smoke, Cheech and Chong say they're eager to get back on the road for their first comedy tour in more than 25 years.

"We had such a legacy, such a history. We couldn't escape it, even if we tried," Tommy Chong told reporters at a news conference Wednesday at the Troubadour, the Los Angeles nightclub where the pair were discovered more than 35 years ago.

The duo said their "Light Up America" tour will kick off Sept. 12 in Philadelphia.

"It's going to be very theatrical," said Cheech Marin.

If Wednesday's news conference was an indication, it won't spare the pothead humor, either.

"We're definitely still smoking," Chong said when asked.

"I get transfusions now," quipped Marin.

"I like the taste," Chong said. "I'm old fashioned."

2. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Their weed reeks of fail.

3. BYH

BYH Active Member

Except Cheech and Chong were actually FUNNY at one point, unlike Carrot Top and Gallagher.

But I do see the point. The scent of unintentional irony will be strong, albeit not strong enough to overcome the smell of weed.

4. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

I wouldn't go see them if they came through Toronto, but Up In Smoke is a fucking great movie. Cheech and Chong's Next Movie was pretty good....the rest, meh....

5. The Granny

The Granny Guest

Man, don't stare at his neck.

[​IMG]

Hey, Strawberry!

6. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Why does Cheech even need to do this? He's been working steadily as a supporting actor in TV over the years. Does Chong have incriminating pics?

7. The Granny

The Granny Guest

Aw, come on, Dooley. You honestly saying you don't want to see these two back on stage together?

8. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Heck, at this point they're almost as old as you are!

9. The Granny

The Granny Guest

True. But they probably still handle their pot better than I used to.

10. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

Sorry, boys....

When it comes to buddy potheads, you are now in Harold and Kumar's wake.

That ship sailed.

11. The Granny

The Granny Guest

How dare you say that? ::)

12. top_dog

top_dog New Member

Coming to a town near you:

Cheech and Chong: "One last bong"

Draft saved Draft deleted