1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Check your brain at the door movies

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Bubbler, Nov 19, 2006.

1. "Black Dog"

2. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

Animal House is the duke of this genre.

3. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

Hot damn, this is a great thread, Bubs. :D

The Rock is a top-fiver all time on my check-your-brain-at-the-door-flicks that are utterly enjoyable and rewatchable any time list.

The Italian Job (remake, with Marky Mark and Charlize Theron) is my current fave in this category.

That one knocked off Mr. and Mrs. Smith from the top of the charts for me, but that's another utterly enjoyable flick. National Treasure is also a current fave.

This may be blasphemy for some -- and in a way, I consider it a classic, too -- but Major League fits the bill here. It's a top-fiver all time on this list, no doubt.

The Replacements (with the dreadfully entertaining karaoke scene in the jail) is another that's high on my list that I can watch any time.

And I hesitate to say it ... I fear some kind of SJ probationary period for this admission ... but <gulp> I can't fucking help it (I blame Berenger's accent; "Ah don' cay-er who ya daddy is"): The Junction Boys. :-[

4. PopeDirkBenedict

PopeDirkBenedict Active Member

I'll admit it: I take a perverse joy in watching Face/Off.

5. pallister

pallister Guest

Nice call.

6. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Anything with the words "lampoon" or "cannonball"

7. Cadet

Cadet Guest

You just like guys with southern accents. It's OK, it happens to the best of us.

As for me, any "Cheesy 80s" teen movie with the Brat Pack...

8. markvid

markvid Guest

Broken Arrow for some reason makes me sit up till 3 AM if it's on.

9. mpcincal

mpcincal Well-Known Member

This one I have a video of somewhere:

"Zorro, The Gay Blade"

George Hamilton as Zorro and his very effeminate brother, who has to fill in for him when the former hurts his ankle. Funny stuff and a great job of overacting by Ron Liebman as the head villain.

10. DyePack

DyePack New Member

Citizen Kane.

11. EmbassyRow

EmbassyRow Active Member

- Starship Troopers (I don't give a damn if NPH is gay. The sight of him holding a machine gun and coolly taking down an alien bug was quite beautiful.)

- Dude, Where's My Car?

12. BYH

BYH Active Member

That was a helluva movie.

And I think "The Legend of Billie Jean" should end this thread.

FIGHT FIRE WITH FIRE!!!!! :D :D :D

Draft saved Draft deleted