1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Check Out This Playlist

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Boom_70, May 27, 2008.

1. 21

21 Well-Known Member

I'm trying to get out of the dark (no Gloria Estefan, please). He can follow me into the light, find me that song.

'Mom, when you dance with Boom at the wedding, do you prefer Garbage or Mudcrutch?'

2. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Come on. I know there's no Pantera on there, but you'll get over it in time. Not everyone appreciates the raw passion of Phil Anselmo like you do.

3. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Have a listen:

http://www.1019rxp.com/

4. Every time I drive to the city I listen to that station or WFAN. Love that station.

5. SportsDude

SportsDude Active Member

K's Choice!??!?!?!? Fucking K's Choice?!?!??!?!

6. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Sounds like the Jack/Bob format that was hot a couple of years ago, only better song choices.

7. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

The more I think about this, the more disturbed I get. Nothing against the new format, I kind of like the station here. But 101.9? Naw. That's jazz. I have a collection of 101.9 cool jazz CDs around here somewhere.
    Whenever we go to NY, we tune the radio in the room to 101.9 as soon as we get in. We don't turn it off. It's on nice and low the entire stay. The Queen loves it. Now, I'll turn it on and she'll hear "ooh oooh oooh ooohh **** I'm not an addict ***"

Boom, I am counting on you to get this fixed. Find The Mix another station please.

8. Boom_70

Moddy - I'm sorry but in anticpation of 3 bags visit we were trying to have some hip music available for he and the mrs.

You may have to settle for about 10 hours of pre recorded jazz from XM.

I do understand what you are saying. It was a good easy listening with a little cool built in. I called it my talking on the phone to client music.

9. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

I would suspect another station in that city does jazz. But not like 101.9

First found it by accident when covering some regional at The Meadowlands many years ago.

10. Boom_70

No -all the other stations are much smaller with poor reception. Have you tried classical music - Wagner instead of Brubeck

11. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Don't get used to wide ranging playlists. It's the habit of every know-nothing jerkoff radio shithead to start off a new format like that and gradually tighten it up based on what people supposedly like. You'll hear the same damn songs every 3 hours within a matter of weeks. Guaranteed.

12. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

CD101.9 was never something you found by accident if you lived here. For years, they had these annoying TV commercials with Kenny G in them that aired morning, day and night. I listen to my own iTunes music when I work, but I will check out this station the new format, Boom.

Draft saved Draft deleted