1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Check Out This Playlist

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Boom_70, May 27, 2008.

1. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

So would "I Will Follow You Into The Dark."

2. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Actually new FM station in NY 101.9 . Used to be a jazz station I would listen to every now and then for change.

Tuned in for some Jazz and heard the Ramones - thought I dialed in wrong station but have been hooked since.

Has more of feel of the range of stuff you hear in some college towns. Closest I've heard of something like was a station called The Bridge in Charleston.

I guess FM station managers are finaly thinking outside the box to compete with Satelite.

3. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

CD101.9 is no more? Shit.
    But that's a good playlist.

There's a station here that is doing that mix kind of thing - "we're just like an iPod, only bigger," they say. "We'll play anything."

4. Boom_70

Yes CD 101.9 is done - I am not much of jazz fan but that station made be a bit of one - one cool place.

But man I love the new format. Latest list :

4:06 PM "GASOLINE" - SHERYL CROW
    4:01 PM "UNDER THE MILKY WAY" - THE CHURCH
    3:58 PM "ROCK & ROLL FANTASY" - BAD COMPANY
    3:56 PM "VIOLET HILL" - COLDPLAY
    3:44 PM "MR. JONES" - COUNTING CROWS
    3:41 PM "FASHION" - DAVID BOWIE
    3:37 PM "NOBODY TOLD ME" - JOHN LENNON
    3:32 PM "WHY DO MEN FIGHT" - CARBON/SILICON
    3:28 PM "ONE" - U2
    3:18 PM "PEOPLE HAVE THE POWER" - PATTI SMITH

As I type this "Respectable" from the Stones cues up.

5. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

The new format is fairly good. However it does fall back on the typical formulaic commercial stuff far more often than is listed here. It is very short of "college radio" especially since a college radio station, or two, are in the same listening area.

6. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

"What Do I Get" by the Buzzcocks.....killer fucking song by a criminally underrated band of the 80s.

7. Boom_70

Thank you Debbie Downer

8. Rough Mix

Rough Mix Guest

I believe the new format is Adult Alternative.

9. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

Just saying, Boom. You have Seton Hall's radio station as well as NYU's.

This format is great when you compare it to the generic crap you get elsewhere, but I just wish for more...

10. Boom_70

That's true - you also have WFDU but on all reception is spotty at best. I've listened to alot of NY radio and have not come across a major station with as ecletic a play list as this one.

As I type - The Doors - Break on Through.

11. lisa_simpson

lisa_simpson Active Member

The CD version of I Will Possess Your Heart is like 8 minutes long, so that's wouldn't make a very good wedding song. I Will Follow You Into the Dark makes me want to cry every time I hear it. Seriously, if it comes on while I'm in the car, I have to concentrate very hard on just driving, otherwise I'll wreck the damn thing because I can't see.

12. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

Totally agreed.

They just played a club here and tickets were only available at the door. The line stretched for blocks.

Draft saved Draft deleted