1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Check out Michael Silver's pimpin' new mug and column name!

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Jack_Kerouac, Sep 6, 2006.

1. Jack_Kerouac

Jack_Kerouac Member

2. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

I don't think this beats Kelly Dwyer and his boy band haircut.

3. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I can't believe you typed that name into SportsJournalists.com, you fool. That's gonna rouse Sandy from his coma.

4. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Fool. By not clicking, you missed:

Silver: Dude, those are some sweet white Lacoste kicks.

McAllister: Thanks, man. They're really comfortable.

Silver: You didn't say anything about my fresh Stan Smiths.

(Deuce gives me a look that suggests, politely: No, and that's because, for all I know, they're original Stan Smiths from your childhood ... or maybe they were actually worn by Stan Smith when he played back in the Paleozoic Era.)

5. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

The mugshot, the column name and him saying six lines in that Deuce "texted me"....this is just trying waaaaay too hard for me. I did not click "continue story."

6. spaceman

spaceman Active Member

what a dick

7. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Isn't Kelly like 25? In which case, his hair is a lot better than most 25-year-olds I've seen.

8. suburbanite

suburbanite Active Member

He's LeBatard, minus the talent.

And who is he supposed to be in the column mug--Greg Brady as Johnny Bravo? Geez. [Yeah, sorry for the Paleozoic Era reference, y'all.]

Most amazing thing is that some woman married this guy.

9. Pringle

Pringle Active Member

Does Silver realize he's becoming a charicature of himself when he pulls this crap? It's too bad, because he's talented.

10. dawgpounddiehard

dawgpounddiehard Active Member

Lest your forget his lower lip hair...

11. SoCalScribe

SoCalScribe Member

I will at least say that I wish I worked with athletes as accomodating as McAllister. Of course, I felt the line about how Silver might have to blow off the interview to go home was BS. I'm pretty sure his wife and/or the school bus could've gotten his kids to school, and I'd like to think any sensible spouse would've understood that extenuating circumstances at work precluded Silver from being there.

12. suburbanite

suburbanite Active Member

No offense to Deuce, whom I've never dealt with, but I'm sure most athletes are accomodating to writers when they know said writer is only there to suck their dick.

Draft saved Draft deleted