1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Cheating Scandals

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Evil ... Thy name is Orville Redenbacher!!, May 22, 2007.

1. Seahawk

Seahawk Member

Jerramy Stevens holds a big share of the blame for that game. He had worse hands than the freaking Venus de Milo in that game, even though he did manage a TD catch.

Maybe if the Seahawks don't give up a first down on third-and-28 in the second quarter, the Steelers don't score their first touchdown... Maybe if Seattle can hold Parker to less than 9.3 yards per carry, or stop the Bus on a rush-only drive that ate almost five minutes...

The officiating was not great, but it wasn't the reason for the loss.

2. chazp

chazp Active Member

No. 1 cheating scandal ever -- Skip Bayless cashing a check twice a month for impersonating a TV/radio sports commentater.

3. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

Hey, could be worse. I went to Oregon, so I get "You're a Beaver?"

And for the record, my vote goes to Rosie Ruiz. She won the Boston Marathon by jumping in a half-mile from the finish; she qualified for the Boston Marathon because of her time in the New York City Marathon, where she rode the subway for most of the course. It doesn't get much better than that.

4. Ashy Larry

Ashy Larry Active Member

LJB.....do you really think the NFL fixed the Super Bowl, or are you just goofing around?

If the NFL were rooting for a team to win that game, it would be the Seahawks. It would be their first Super Bowl trophy, which would be good marketing for the league and attract more fans in the Northwest.

5. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

Ashy Larry, I think the NFL went to bed on the eve of the Super Bowl hoping Bill Cowher would be holding the Lombardi Trophy by game's end. The league has made a hell of a lot of money off the Steelers' success over the last 35 years. The Seahawks winning that game was never going to be profitable or sexy enough.

The Seahawks are a pretty big deal in the Northwest. They've had a reputation for having one of the rowdiest places to play in football, in two far disparate venues, in two eras, with completely different teams.

6. BigRed

BigRed Active Member

Don Sutton kind of looks like Mike Brady, who had the AIDS.
    I don't know if that's cheating, just saying.

7. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Could you add Steven A. Smith to that?

Does anyone remember on the Sports Reporters when A thought you could rekick a missed field goal on fourth down if you tried on third down and missed?

What a bum.

8. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Don't know how this list can have any credibility when Don King, Dangerous Danny Davis and pretty much any harness racing driver (especially the Filion family) don't appear on it.

9. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Having watched too many NBA playoff series for my own good, does anybody know why the NBA rotates ref crews throughout a series? It seems to me that if they had the same officials for the whole series the calls would be more consistant (ie. "good") from game to game and allow players to adjust their play to how tight the game is called. I've asked a few NBA beat writers this and they don't know.

Draft saved Draft deleted