1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Cheating Scandals

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Evil ... Thy name is Orville Redenbacher!!, May 22, 2007.

1. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Good one

2. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

Super Bowl XL

3. 93Devil

Sure, someone paid the Seattle D to not tackle Willie Parker and fall for a WR pass the Steelers ran all fucking year.

Someone also paid Stevens to drop everything thrown at him and Alexander to run like a scared girl.

If that is what you mean, I can go along with that.

4. bomani jones

bomani jones Member

Wasn't Sutton the one that had the note in his glove, ready for someone to accuse him of cheating? Something to the effect of "nice try," if I recall. That's pretty funny.

But not THAT funny.

5. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Clem Haskins and Jan Gangelhoff have to make the top 10.

6. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

Been over this one with your brethren. They think I'm cracked, but I watched the game more than once. The Steelers made three plays, the officials made the rest.

7. Ashy Larry

Ashy Larry Active Member

what about Alan Eagleson cheating NHL players for years, he cheated Bobby Orr royally!

8. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

When Landis has his Tour de France trophy yanked, where will it rank.

9. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

People pretty much assume that ALL boxing is fixed.

10. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Somebody would have to care about cycling, first.

11. 93Devil

Big plays win Super Bowls. The previous 39 taught us that.

If the Seahawks had ever played in a big game before they would know that. Act like you have fucking been there before.

I love the official cost the Seahawks the game argument or anytime I hear it from Teddy Six Pack or Sally Punch Clock.

If the Seahawks lost the game because of the officials, how many games did they win because poor officiating cost the other team?

No one has ever won a game because because of the refs, but they have lost hundreds because of the refs.

12. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

Well that's simply not true -- I mean, LJB has been trying to tell you the Steelers won Super Bowl XL of the refs..... ::)

Draft saved Draft deleted