1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Cheating Patriots coach faces more scrutiny

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by PeteyPirate, May 8, 2008.

1. People who keep this non-story alive suck cock by choice. - Tom Nuttall

2. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

If the Colts did this--no, scratch that, if they got caught doing this--, no one would dare say anything.

But anything the Pats do automatically warrants five articles from ESPN.

Here's a preview of tomorrow's front page on the website->

"Pats coach once farted in public after eating Taco Bell. Six Senators call for Tom Brady to be suspended for six years."

3. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

They cheated a lot. Then they got caught. Then they got punished, rather severely, too. Since then, the jumping shark just keeps making the rubble bounce.
    I'm old enough to remember when coaches cheating was treated like a big joke and proof of their essential brain-toasting self-destructive obsessiveness and paranoia.
    Those were the days.

4. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Goodell should order the Patriots to go through the 2008 season with no electronic coaching aids whatsoever.
    No TVs, no DVDs -- clean them all out of the team's training facility -- no game tapes, no video cameras, no intercom links to coaches in the press box, no radio links to the QB's helmet on the field. (And if they're caught cheating this time, start forfeiting games.) Use paper, pencil, chalkboards, dri-mark boards, just like in the olden days.

Belichick's fan club keeps telling us how great he is at coaching football. Fine, prove it.

5. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Fine, star, but level the playing field.

No electronic aids for anybody.

6. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

They cheated. And worse, the NFL destroyed the evidence, creating the impression that what was on those tapes was more incriminating than what we thought. The league handled this horribly and that is why it won't go away. The NFL acted like there was something to hide, opening the door for this bullshit.

7. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Nope, electronic aids for everybody else.

Belichick cheated using the electronic aids, so let him pay the price. Next year, he can have all his gizmos and toys and TVs and cameras and wireless mikes and DVD players back. This year, let's see how good he is at actually coaching football.

8. schiezainc

And then when the Patriots win the Super Bowl again, we'll blame it on a betting scandal or say that they should've been forced to play without pads on.

Heck, why not just make it so that Belichick has to announce what play he is going to run and a diagram of what he hopes to accomplish on the scoreboard before every snap? Maybe then people will STFU and get over their hate of the Pats' success.

Yes, I'm a Patriots fan. Yes, I acknowledge that they cheated. No, I don't give a shit.

9. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Really? Wow, none of us could ever figured out that you are a Patriots fan.

Save the jealousy crap. I honestly could not think of a more painful thing to be now than a Patriots fan. To be that close to perfection and lose like that. Beyond awful.

This is about the integrity of the game and a league office that is far more interested than covering things up than actually dealing with what happened. I thought the whole Spygate thing was getting blown out of proportion, too....right up to the point that the NFL decided to destroy evidence. I still haven't heard a good reason for that.

10. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Boo-fucking-hoo. Your team is a bunch of cheating assholes, and everyone hates them. Fucking deal with it.

11. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Yeah right. And because the Patriots did win three Super Bowls this decade, there is a good, valid argument that this story ought to be bigger than it would if any other franchise got caught doing the same thing.

12. schiezainc

Valid point. I'm just saying that to me, the whole thing comes across as "We hate the Patriots. Oh, scandal! Let's rub their fucking faces into it"

Draft saved Draft deleted