1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Cheating on your wife: A tradition like no other

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Inky_Wretch, Oct 19, 2009.

1. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

To be honest, we actually decided not to.

Part of the problem was that, as the date got closer, my desire to go through that whole process got a lot smaller than my desire to enjoy some free time by myself and, in the end, I decided that it wasn't really worth it.

The whole point of bringing up the prenup debate was to see how serious she was and it worked. She agreed to sign one and likely would have if I had followed through.

I feel like we're on the same page financially and we've agreed that we're keeping our money separate whenever possible. She spends her money on what she wants, I do the same and we split the bills 50-50. I know some people would question this type of arraignment (particularly her aunt who is a housewife and, frankly, doesn't remember what it's like to work for what you want) but I don't care. This is what works for us and, until we have kids, this is how it's going to stay because we're going on year No. 6 of our relationship and we haven't even come 100 yards within a speed bump.

I still say you should get a prenup when possible though and, in the event I ever get divorced, I'll go to jail before I pay a penny in alimony. True story.

2. Screwball

Screwball Active Member

That's a hell of a pun, if you meant to say arraignment, because you just might go to jail if you refuse to pay alimony.

Hope everything works out for the best, though. Good luck.

Draft saved Draft deleted