1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

cheating at yahoo fantasy baseball

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by leo1, Jun 26, 2006.

1. leo1

leo1 Active Member

i figured out how to beat the system if you're in a deep league where not everyone on your team is an everyday starter for his team. i remember when i was a sports writer the people doing the sports ticker or whatever it was called that feeds balls and strikes to someone or other would have to call in the lineup an hour or so before the game. so if you check your team's page right before gametime and a guy has all zeroes next to his name, he's in the lineup. but if he has all dashes next to his name (and other people on his team have zeroes), then he's not in the lineup and you still have time to bench him and put in someone who's in the lineup that night.

unfortunately i'm in 10th out of 12th place so my little tip hasn't done much good for me. :'( ::) :mad:

2. Rambler

Rambler Member

I think that's pretty common knowledge, actually...

3. leo1

leo1 Active Member

damn. and i thought it made me smart. no one else in my league who i told about it was aware of it.

4. 21

21 Well-Known Member

leo--you cannot be serious, right?

Anyone can find out a lineup before the game, mlb and yahoo post them as soon as they are available. You don't have to wait for gametime.

The zeroes or dashes show up a soon as the lienups are posted. It's no secret.

5. leo1

leo1 Active Member

um, ok, i'm an idiot. ;D ::)

i guess this was obvious to all but the 12 guys in my league. probably it's because i usually check my lineup in the morning and don't check again until the next day but lately have started to check right before gametime. so i never paid attention to the zeroes or dashes or whatever.

now i'll stop posting on this thread so it can die a quick death.

(unless someone can offer me actual tips for cheating so i can get out of 10th place) ;) ;D

6. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

I'm willing to entertain any tips, advice, etc.
    I'm the worst fantasy baseball player since Socrates.
    He was really terrible.

7. BRoth

BRoth Member

Must've been hard doing all that math on an abacus.

8. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

I apparently needed to read this thread prior to being knocked to last place in my league. Dammit!

Draft saved Draft deleted