1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

CHEAP SEATS WITHOUT RON PARKER

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Babe Didrikson, Sep 20, 2006.

1. No!! Where did you hear that?

2. DyePack

DyePack New Member

They did a big-time rip on a Rose Bowl broadcast from 1991. That was the first mainstream broadcast I'd seen them slam in quite a while.

When the network starts slamming the programming it was created to show, that's the Beavis and Butt-head route. Funny, yes. But also a short life span.

3. Those guys are pretty hilarious.
    Did anyone see them in the episode of Law&Order (the mothership)?
    They were serious actors, both accused of murder. Got about a half-hour of screen time.

4. D.Sanchez

D.Sanchez Member

I remember reading that right before this season started in ESPN "the Magazine".

5. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

They can't quit the show until they show the episode of "Superteams" -- a ripoff of the old "Superstars" show -- in which the Kansas City Royals and Los Angeles Dodgers competed.

OJ was one of the announcers, and in a relay race a guy from the Royals (I think it was Tom Poquette) catches and passes Dusty Baker in the anchor leg. And OJ comments along the lines that you don't usually see a white guy outrun a brother. I saw it late at night on ESPNClassic about six or seven years ago and couldn't believe what I'd heard.

6. Jesus.
    What a pair of unfunny drones.
    MST3K can't be held responsible for its slow-witted children.

7. HoopsMcCann

HoopsMcCann Active Member

i believe it was the royals and cowboys -- my two favorite pro teams, so i've seen it a couple of times

8. Orange Hat Bobcat

Orange Hat Bobcat Active Member

I think they've already done that show, believe it or not. If it wasn't that one, it was at least an old Superteams with the Royals (whom, as Cardinals fans who came of age during the mid-1980s, the Sklars ribbed unmercilessly).

Draft saved Draft deleted