1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Cheap merlot

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by sportschick, Feb 24, 2009.

1. X-Hack

X-Hack Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

2. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Awesome, today we can have a "hungover with SC" thread continuation because nobody escapes without consequences from drinking $4-a-bottle merlot.

3. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

I do! No hangover, course I also only had two glasses, so I wasn't even drunk!

Maybe tonight :D

4. cranberry

If you were only going to have a couple of glasses you should have sprung for sippin' wine.

5. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

I meant to drink the whole thing, but I didn't get back from the movie till like midnight.

6. cranberry

Did you put the plastic cork back in or is it still, um, breathing?

7. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Two buck Chuck is the way to go for cheap wine.

8. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Two buck Chuck ... hahahahaha. Haven't heard of that stuff in years. Pretty decent though.

Which reminds me, I just watched Sideways for the second time, and I liked the ending a lot more than I did the first time I watched it.

9. cranberry

A friend was trying to tell me about that. Apparently she buys it by the case. Where do I find out about it?

10. Hustle

Hustle Guest

I suffer so you don't have to: the $50 Jeff Gordon Chardonnay isn't worth it. It'd be reasonable if it were $11.

Two-Buck Chuck, however, is. Moddy's right on. Cran, it's at Trader Joe's.

11. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Charles Shaw is the label - many varieties. 1.99 (or 3.29 here in Va). Thus the name Two Buck Chuck.

12. DisembodiedOwlHead

DisembodiedOwlHead Active Member

Saw a story recently that they were going to have to raise the price and risk invalidating the nickname.

Draft saved Draft deleted