1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Chase Daniel for the Heisman, anyone?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by HandsomeHarley, Nov 14, 2007.

1. kingcreole

kingcreole Active Member

Just because a player is a sure-fire NFL prospect doesn't mean he's better at the college level. (Josh Heupel? Eric Crouch? Egad)

2. MU_was_not_so_hard

MU_was_not_so_hard Active Member

Eric Crouch was screwed by a good-old boys network that wouldn't let him play QB in the NFL.

3. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

I didn't say ALL of you . . . . . .

4. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

All I know is I never in my lifetime thought I'd be reading an SJ thread that outlines how my Tigers will play in the National Championship game.

Guess it's time I give up my dream that Woody would return.

[/sarcastic fanboy]

5. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

According to NFL scouts, Matt Ryan would probably be the best player in the country at his position. But we're not going by what they say. If we did, Glenn Dorsey or whoever the best NFL prospect might be would be the Heisman favorite.

6. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Having seen both of them, I feel that Daniel has by far more presence than Reesing, who ain't getting anywhere near the Heisman. And he shouldn't. Daniel probably won't win, but he's better than Reesing on this level and potentially the next. People talk about Missouri's "system" offense, but Kansas' constant rolling out of Reesing makes it seem like more of a system than Missouri's spread, in which Daniel mainly stays in the pocket.

7. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

did i mention that kansas is the next usf?

8. MU_was_not_so_hard

MU_was_not_so_hard Active Member

So Mangino's going to start using security guards to keep reporters out of an open area?

9. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

good. yes.

10. Chef

Chef Active Member

This should be interesting.

Explain.

11. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

wtf is so interesting about your question, chef?

12. Chef

Chef Active Member

Why is Kansas the next USF?

Draft saved Draft deleted