1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Charlotte, NC

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Brooklyn Bridge, Dec 26, 2007.

1. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

Hello people,

I've been chosen as the pledge representative to the social committee and that means one thing....ROAD TRIP! We're driving down to Charlotte in the morning. Gonna stay Thur. and Fri nite and driving back saturday evening. Looking for suggestions for bars, restaurants, etc. Thanks for the input.

2. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Are you going there at the point of a gun?
    Stick to chain restaurants and bars such as Chili's, Ruby Tuesday, etc. You're not going to find anything better in that god-forsaken town.

3. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Lots of Charlottians on the board, as are some of the NASCAR beaters. Should be some informed answers presently.

4. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Be sure to visit Emily Dickinson College, and if you're lucky, Otis Day and the Knights may be playing nearby.

5. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

As usual, Hondo finds a way to crap on a thread with pure ignorance.

6. John

John Well-Known Member

I got really drunk at the Have A Nice Day Cafe once.

That's about all I got, though I'm sure there are a ton of good places to go if you know where to look.

7. I know a hot girl who lives near Charlotte.

8. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

Going for the Meineke Bowl. leaving right after Wake Forrest beats up on the Huskies.

9. bagelchick

bagelchick Active Member

I thought downtown Charlotte was a ghost town, but the Westin hotel was nice. Love that Heavenly Bed!

10. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Go to the Food King.

11. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Sorry, but my opinion. I've been to Charlotte about 15 times covering everything from NFL to NASCAR to golf. I don't like it. Sue me.

12. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

I lived just north of Charlotte for the first 25 years of my life and worked in the Center City for a little while. I'm 34 now, and have been living in my present location since 1999, so the places I remember are probably no longer there. You can have a good time in Charlotte, but it's not a type of place where a bunch of bars are going to be out in view from the street. You've got to know where to look. I'm sure some of our Observer brethren will point you to places where you can get quite drunk.

Draft saved Draft deleted