1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Charlotte AP job

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by boots, Apr 18, 2006.

1. podunk press

podunk press Active Member

I just don't want people getting the wrong idea about folks who work at community newspapers, or those who cover preps at small-to-mid-sized dailies.

Sure there are many frustrated souls at the Podunk papers. But I am not one of them. My best friends in journalism are underpaid but content.

2. PussyMalanga

PussyMalanga Guest

In an effort to regain this thread, somewhat ..
    Heard Keith Parsons gave his notice today. So that makes Raleigh open, and takes him out of contention for the Charlotte job.

3. abesimpson22

abesimpson22 Guest

Either get better and be willing to work through the ranks, or get out of the business.

As someone who has worked hard to get to a position covering a college beat, and who plans to work even harder to make the next step, as someone who has never had anything handed to him, like you seem to think people somehow do - may I offer a hearty "Screw you."

4. Wow, that's a little harsh. But carry on...

5. Did Parsons get out of the biz? That would be a shame. He's a great guy.

6. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

What gives? Is Keith getting out altogether?

Well, that would account for the unfamiliar byline in the NCSU coaching farce story.

7. Appgrad05

Appgrad05 Active Member

A requirement to Keith's job should be the ability to eat two BBQ sandwiches at N.C. State basketball games.

8. ShelbyFoote

ShelbyFoote Member

Apparently Parsons is getting out of the biz, although I'm not sure what the specifics are.

So two openings in NC in AP right now.

9. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

Wow. Keith getting out. Never thought I'd see that coming. He's one of the good guys in this business. But then again we all know about the demands ... and the hours.

10. PussyMalanga

PussyMalanga Guest

Talked to Keith myself. He said he was offered a job running a bank in his hometown of Rockingham, NC. Is going to move home with his wife and kids and work normal hours and probably play a lot of golf. And eat a lot of BBQ. Maybe hang with Bucky Covington, too.

11. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Good for him. Keith is a good fellow.

12. schrdp2002

schrdp2002 Member

why are there so many AP openings?

Draft saved Draft deleted