1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Charlize Theron -- Esquire's Sexiest for 2007

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by John, Oct 10, 2007.

1. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Did someone say that?

2. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Yes, Zeke, someone did.

3. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

I think he was mocking Maxim, not you.

4. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

I read him taking Maxim to task for the horse face jokes but nowhere do I read that if you find SJP unattractive the only possible reason is because you think she has a horse face.

In other words, if you didn't make the horse-face joke, I don't think it was directed toward you.

5. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

Yes, IJAG, but you're a girl, and thus my screed was not directed at you. It was directed at the pimple-faced, donkey-braying, back-slapping goofs at Maxim, who never watched an episode of Sex and The City, but think Entourage is the greatest TV show ever, and consider The Game by Neil Strauss to be their bible.

6. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

But how do you know girls don't work at Maxim? And I did quote the horse-face joke and say that it made me laugh...hence, I agree with the people he was taking to task. But to imply that two sentences that they wrote to be "funny" could be summing up their entire view of why she's unsexy is simplistic and assuming.

7. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Well I'm sorry I annoy you. But she is nasty.

8. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I think Sarah Jessica Parker is great. And Debra Messing is hot, too.

9. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Oh, go to hell, Ace.

:D

10. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Man, everybody is so TOUCHY around here.

I don't think Parker is hot at all. Now Debra Messing? She's hot.

11. Clever username

Clever username Active Member

So when is Jones going to start the Sexiest Woman Alive 2008 thread that his bosses are going to merely laugh at and then just pick whatever hot actress has 75 movies coming out in the months after?

12. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

I've been on the Charlize love train ever since "2 Days in the Valley" - she and Teri Hatcher put on a better scrap than virtually any heavyweight title fight I've seen the past 10 years.
    I will grant that SJP is overrated, but the Maxim boob who put Sandra Oh on that list has never seen "Arliss," let alone "Sideways."

Draft saved Draft deleted