1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Charlie Weis: Once again at his disingenious/passive aggressive "best"

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by BYH, Oct 19, 2006.

1. BYH

BYH Active Member

What a goddamn twit.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/football/ncaa/10/18/weis.nfl.feelers.ap/index.html

Weis admits he got "feelers" last week from NFL teams interested in hiring him. But no, Charlie has no interest in going to the NFL or--gasp!--even using "interest" from an "NFL team" to further increase his salary at Notre Dame. So we're supposed to believe Weis, who wears his secrecy as a badge of honor, just volunteered this information for no good reason?

Edit: Note the interesting phrasing. He says he can't go to the NFL because it would cost him money he does not have. Presumably, if someone was willing to pay him enough to buy out his ND deal, then suddenly he would have that money, yes?

And he also says he doesn't think ND is intending to raise his deal. But hey, if you'll do it now that I've floated the idea...

What a shit. Good to see his pious, doing-everything-by-the-book-with-no-shenanigans bullshit act spreads well beyond recruiting.

When this guy falls, I will be one of the first ones there to laugh like hell (there's a former SportsJournalists.commer who will beat me to it).

2. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Fuck him and Notre Dame in general.

You could put someone in his fat folds and it would be a passable medieval torture device.

3. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

He's not going anywhere, because he has a 10-year contract. So why would he leave before the contract is up? That would be illegal -- breach of contract. Why would he ever do that??

:eek: :eek: :eek: ::) ::) :D :D :D

4. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

He went to the Belichick school . . . it's all good, if it's for me . . . but if it
    inconveniences me, screw you, Eric.

5. Bill Horton

Bill Horton Active Member

You bring up some really good points BYH.
    It would be one thing if Weis just said, "I love it here, I'm really committed to doing this and I have no interest in coaching anywhere else," but he sure left a lot of baited hooks floating in the water, didn't he?
    He's smart enough to know what he's doing but too arrogant to see that the rest of can figure it out without much effort.

6. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

And the fathers fell for the fat turd, so they're stuck.

7. fmrsped

fmrsped Active Member

Sounds like he came fom the Urban Meyer school of dealing with the media.

8. spnited

spnited Active Member

What else would you expect from someone who learned it all from Parcells and Belichick?

9. Starman

Oh, they're probably sweetening his deal as we speak.

10. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

This is not a stratagem that reflects well on Charlie. It's a smart one, though. The best way to keep the wolves away from his door in South Bend is to suggest he remains a sought-after commodity as an NFL head coach.

11. Starman

That'll work as long as he stays in the Top 10. He starts losing more than a game or two a season, people will get real sick of it real quick.

12. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Well, lets hope that happens soon then...

Draft saved Draft deleted