1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Charlie Weis loses lawsuit

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by micropolitan guy, Jul 24, 2007.

1. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Charlie lost a lawsuit, Romeo and Groh is on the hot seat, the Hoodie got himself embroiled in a nasty divorce case. I wonder what's next: Sean Payton caught on film with a group of young girls flashing for "Girls Gone Wild" during Mardi Gras?

2. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Does this take him out of the running for Who's Now?

3. pseudo

pseudo Well-Known Member

Someone who's been there and done that asks, "what's his beef?"
    MELARO: Weis knew risks of surgery

(For the record, I'm not Jim, but I do know him - and this surgery gave him his life back.)

4. SockPuppet

SockPuppet Active Member

Two points:
    1. So Weiss lied to his boss about having a "stomach procedure." I know Crewcut isn't "one of us" but what if "one of us" told a similar fib to our boss.

2. Weiss is a typical coach who thinks the ultimate control he has over his team/program extends outside of that team/program. Weiss rushed into the procedure without the proper prep and against the wishes of his doctors. If he had been Joe Crewcut and not the OC of the 3-time Super Bowl champs, would the docs have allowed a rush job?

Crewcut got what he deserved. His life.

5. Satchel Pooch

Satchel Pooch Member

Judge: "Counsel for the plaintiff, you're up.
    Weis' Lawyer: (whispering) "Charlie, stand up and face the jury."
    Weis' Lawyer: "The plaintiff rests, your honor."

6. tyler durden 71351

tyler durden 71351 Active Member

I thought Charlie Weis would have spent weeks and months planning for the surgery. Maybe the doctors made the wrong adjustments during the process.....

Draft saved Draft deleted