1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Charlie Weis is An ASS

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Boom_70, Aug 7, 2006.

1. Bantam weight

Bantam weight New Member

What is everyones favorite team? Bantam is just curious for now.

2. 21

21 Well-Known Member

We all love the Lakers.

3. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

I'm a huge White Sox fan. I've got a picture of Ozzie Guillen on my nightstand and a Hawk Harrelson ringtone on my cellphone.

The other guys think it's unprofessional but I just think man, fuck those guys.

4. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

When people speak in the third person on a message board, Cosmo wants to cry.

5. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Tyrone Willingham, king of the third-person among I-A coaches, outs himself on a ND thread.
    Welcome Ty!

6. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Ty thanks you and Slappy welcomes you

7. Clerk Typist

Clerk Typist Guest

The SB Trib / ISR isn't the only pub Weis has his panties in knots about. He's not thrilled with the NWI Times either. The NWI Times columnist broke the story about the cross-state paper because he knows similar anger has been displayed by the Weis-Heisler duo toward one of his own.
    Time was when the ND Sports Info department would give regulars the dorm phone numbers of players and tell them to call them. But it's a long time since Hesburgh and Joyce ran the school.

8. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

You could say the same about Nick Saban at LSU (and, I assume, Miami). He was a pain in countless ways, but he indeed filled up your notebook. Les Miles, a much more personable guy, does not.

Life is full of interesting tradeoffs.

9. Nick Saban filled up your notebook? Nick Saban filled up your notebook? The spicy Cajun food must have loosened his tongue.

10. noodles

noodles Member

Word has it that Weis had an SID lackey tell the two ISR reporters about five minutes before the press conference that they were not allowed to ask any questions. That they were basically being punished for writing a series of stories about the Clausen commitment that Notre Dame deemed too negative. Too bad, ND.

The Sports Information Department there has become one bizarre situation with Heisler and the director, who some say is nothing but a den mother to the men's basketball players who cries and hugs players after the last game of every season.

How do you see this playing out? if you're the SBT/ISR, what stand do you take?

11. 21

21 Well-Known Member

This is the part that gets me.

ISR Reporter at press conference: 'Charlie, what do you think is the biggest obstacle facing the....'
    SID Lackey flinging self across dais: 'I SAID YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO ASK QUESTIONS!'
    ISR: 'And to follow up, who do you see starting at UGHSGAHHHH!'
    SID Lackey reloads flamethrower: 'AND STAY OUT!'

12. McNuggetsMan

McNuggetsMan Active Member

Heisler is a good guy from when I dealt with him and never had any problems getting access to players for as long as I want whenever I wanted Mon, Tues, Wed. Things seemed to change for the worse when Willingham took over and things seem to be awful now that Weiss is there. I have to figure that the SID is only as good as the coach will let him be.

The biggest problem with that beat is that the best two reporters left at the same time. When Moran was at the Chicago Tribune and Haugh was at the SBT, they owned those beats and broke news. Then both papers brought in inferior yes man and woman who don't break anything. Now that Hansen is doing the beat for SBT, things are a little better but the Chicago Tribune is a shell of what it was compared to when Moran was on that beat. He was amazing the kind of stuff he could break and the access he could get -- mostly because he was a damn good reporter and one of the nicest guys in the business.

Draft saved Draft deleted