1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Charlie Weis is An ASS

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Boom_70, Aug 7, 2006.

1. BYH

BYH Active Member

Mildly related sidenote: Jets have stopped serving reporters lunch under Lil' Belichick.

2. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Just a bump - SJ was on to Charlie's game early on

3. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

As an ND fan, good riddance.
    As an ND fan, look what has become of this situation. Once upon a time, ND had never fired a coach mid-contract. Now ND has done it three consecutive times, including one coach, Davies, who had a 100 percent graduation rate the year he got fired.
    It's a sad state of affairs.
    In fact Davies is the only coach I felt bad about. Willingham and Weis were both miserable, arrogant control freaks.
    I'd like to see Jim Harbaugh come into this situation, but I doubt it.

4. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Sure were: http://www.sportsjournalists.com/forum/threads/31377/

5. doggieseatdoggies

doggieseatdoggies New Member

Pretty damn soon, all college sports programs of any prominence will choose this route as a cash cow corporate entity. Sports writers will look like Michael Moore outside AIG in his newest movie.

6. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

As sports continue down that road, there will be consumer backlash eventually.

7. Pete Incaviglia

Pete Incaviglia Active Member

I disagree. There will only be a widening gap between the TMZ type of sports "fan" who only wishes it to be true that Tiger's wife hit him and he was drunk or drugged when he hit the fire hydrant and the "looser sports fan boi" who only wants to hear the positive spin on everything.

Our opinions will matter less. So will the facts of the game and season. And the fans will get everything they want from athletes' twitter pages, agents websites, team's home pages, and the lot.

8. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Well, at least Harbaugh wouldn't be miserable or a control freak.

9. tmr

tmr Member

Kind of fun looking back at predictions. i think we can say Tebow did have the better college career. Not sure though.

10. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

You're not sure? Two more national titles, with a third a possibility, to go with one more Heisman, and a second a possibility, and you're not sure?

11. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

Somebody may be in need of this:

[​IMG]

12. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Or so you'd think...

Draft saved Draft deleted