1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Charlie Weis exposed?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by scribebaseball, Nov 26, 2006.

1. the fop

the fop Member

Actually it's his second year.

2. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

Does this mean Weis won't be looking longingly at rejoining the NFL?

3. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

He's 19-5 and looking at a second consecutive BCS bowl. Hard to see that as unsatisfactory. Their defense stinks, possibly because every good D needs a couple of bona fide sociopaths out there and those aren't Notre Dame types.

4. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

He's got a 10-year contract, so he won't be leaving for at least 10 years!! [/ndlooserfanboys]

5. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

Christ, give the guy a chance to recruit some defence and let them mature. Didn't get to see the game, and I loathe the fucking fighting Irish, but I have a hard time calling him a fraud at this point. It usually takes about three years to turn a program around completely. Let his first wave of recruits hit their junior year at least. Still, as someone pointed out, potentially two BCS seasons in his first couple of years at the helm it's a little tough to call him a disappointment. Hell, as an Aggie fan I would have liked one in the first four years of Coach Fran (you want to talk fraud, well there you go. I don't care if he finally beat UT this Friday).

6. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Why should he be cut more slack than Tyrone Willingham was?

7. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

I am not a big fan of Charlie Weis but he was not the reason ND lost. Their secondary is just not that good. You could see this loss coming a mile away. It also did not help that Rhema McKnight developed a bad case of aligator arms.

8. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Because he's white. [/ND looser fanboys]

9. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

I thought they wanted more black people?

10. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

Hard to blame Weis, in just his second year, for not having better athletes in the secondary.

On the other hand, I completely agree with Gee on the sociopaths on defense comment. Overlooked point, if you ask me.

11. Boobie Miles

Boobie Miles Active Member

I don't care enough to look it up, but while Willingham had a few good seasons he also had a few bads ones too, no? As has been sais Weis will be 2-for-2 going to a BCS bowl.

12. Charlie Weis exposed. Yeah, exposed as having horrible taste in sideline clothes. He looked like he'd gone straight from doing yard work to the game.
    Ty Willingham: 18-28 in his last four seasons.

Draft saved Draft deleted