1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Charlie Weis exposed?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by scribebaseball, Nov 26, 2006.

1. I know the game already has like three threads, but this is kind of a second-day one. A follow, if you will.

Is it fair, at this point, to begin to wonder if the Little Tuna just doesn't have the goods that his mentors Belichick and Parcells possess? It's not like this never happens. If Eddie Van Halen learns someone how to play guitar, that doesn't mean that the protege, with full possession of Eddie's scales, techniques, etc., can play like Eddie.

In big games, Weis just seems to lack something that those guys possess. Or maybe I'm wrong. I don't know.

2. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Now that's not fair. We haven't seen Wolfgang on stage yet. ::) ::)

3. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

Well, we can't say that he wasn't aggresive. It seemed like he went for it on every 4th down last night.

4. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

I submit to you that the reason he gained so much weight the last year is because he spent 365 days, upwards of 15 hours a day in the film room devising a game plan for USC. The other games -- Army, Navy, Air Force, Marines, Maine Maritimes -- he could sleepwalk through a game plan. I'm not so sure the Michigan game meant much to him, either; OK, a little bit but not much. But USC? That's the game he wanted, devoted his waking life to; even his non-waking life. He wanted to beat down Pete Carroll. Had a year to come up with a strategy. And he still lost by 20.

5. Chuck~Taylor

6. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Yes -- a defense.

7. Chuck~Taylor

Black people. [paulhornung]

8. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

I just threw up in my mouth a little.

9. NoOneLikesUs

NoOneLikesUs Active Member

Charlie Weiss is in the same category of fraud as Romeo Crennel.

10. Trouser_Buddah

Trouser_Buddah Active Member

The thread title alone was enough to make me do that.

11. leo1

leo1 Active Member

i'm no ND fan but isn't this only his third year in south bend? before we officially declare him a fraud he should get at least a chance to have the entire team consist of his own players.

12. Why? The previous guy didn't.

Draft saved Draft deleted