1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Charlie Strong bans local media

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Thomas Goldkamp, Apr 10, 2012.

1. rmanfredi

rmanfredi Active Member

Nevada
    Maryland
    Illinois
    New York
    Connecticut

2. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Local media should accept freelance "assignment" from a national outlet and show up to practice.

3. turski7

turski7 Member

Wyoming
    Minnesota
    Hawaii
    New Mexico
    Idaho

4. Indiana as a state doesn't have much success in football?

This guy wonders why he had to get on a plane to make media appearances. http://www.knuterockne.com/

5. rmanfredi

rmanfredi Active Member

Football is much bigger in Idaho and Hawaii than basketball. Agree with New Mexico. I cannot take a stand on Wyoming since there are no people in the state to root for any sport.

6. The whole time I was reading this, I kept thinking, "Well, it's obvious this guy has never worked in the media before."

7. linotype

linotype Well-Known Member

Then the Courier-Journal writers should scrap the scrimmages and write gamers on the players' noted Call of Duty battle royales:

LOUISVILLE, Ky. -- Teddy Bridgewater killed 36 German soldiers and 14 Italians on Tuesday night during an epic Call of Duty shootout in his dorm room.

8. BYH

BYH Active Member

Awful is way too kind.

Nothing peaks media interest into a situation more than being denied access to it.

I wonder if dipshit fanboi enjoyed the TV show Twin Piques.

9. young-gun11

young-gun11 Member

I was banned from covering a certain HS when I was corresponding for local paper. Mostly due to the fact my grandfather outed his ass about renting a trailer that sat on school property and the coach's ability to spend a lot more money than the booster club had on football equipment.

Instead of taking the back seat, I started corresponding for all the opposing team's newspapers and still interviewed him after the games. SE at the shop in town told him, "Hey, I didn't assign him that game. Podunk Weekly did."

10. rtse11

rtse11 Well-Known Member

What is he, some kind of pre-Madonna?

11. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

Louisville football sucks. Kentucky football sucks.

Louisville basketball was in the Final Four. Kentucky won the basketball national title.

Why would anyone in that state give a shit about being banned from football practice?

12. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Because readers, by and large, are idiots. Especially the ones that have been blasting the CJ the last few days over this shit.

Draft saved Draft deleted