1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Charlie Sheen admits to worst atrocity yet

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Bubbler, Jun 29, 2011.

1. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

I don't even really believe this is true. It was filmed well before steroids were well-known outside the bodybuilding set. Canseco had probably just started juicing then. It certainly wasn't de rigeur for baseball at the time.

And, more importantly, I believe Charlie Sheen will say anything to get his name in the news.

2. flexmaster33

flexmaster33 Well-Known Member

you're fooling yourself if you think the team's of the '80s were pure clean fun

3. Cubbiebum

Cubbiebum Member

Uhh they've been in baseball a lot longer than Canseco. Plus we are talking about a kid with lots of disposable money who is a drug addict. I'm pretty sure he would have known someone.

Yes he is an attention whore but to say steroids weren't a known thing outside of body building in the late 80s is just wrong.

4. Small Town Guy

Small Town Guy Well-Known Member

There's also this: If anyone would be on the cutting-edge of drug use - whether performance-enhancing or career-destroying - it'd be our guy Charlie.

5. JC

JC Well-Known Member

This post is about as naive as they come.

6. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

Am I missing some blue font here? Major League was released in 89, steroids were absolutely rampant throughout the football world for quite a few years by then (not to mention the Hollywood world ...see Sly Stallone et. al.). Hell, that was the era of Tony Mandarich, Lyle Alzado, the Boz and countless other bloated frauds. I remember a much publicized Sports Illustrated expose on the rampant use of roids in college football around 87 or 88. The idea that they would've been beyond Charlie's reach in 89 is utterly laughable.

7. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

"What's that shit on your chest?" - Rick Vaughn
    (wiping his finger across Vaughn's chest) "Crisco." - Eddie Harris
    (wiping it across Vaughn's waist line) "Bardol." - Eddie Harris
    (wiping it along his head) "Vagisil. Any one of them will give you another two to three inches drop on your curve ball. Of course if the umps are watching me real close I'll rub a little jalapeno up my nose, get it runnin', and if I need to load the ball up I just... (wipes his nose)" - Eddie Harris
    "You put snot on the ball?" - Rick Vaughn
    "I haven't got an arm like you, kid. I have to put anything on it I can find. Someday you will too." - Eddie Harris

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  8. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I'd like to think he was being funny, but I don't think that's the case.

9. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Maybe he was and I read it wrong.

10. Pete Wevurski

Pete Wevurski Member

I think you can go get him now.

11. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Maybe he heard steroids would help with his vision.

12. Sea Bass

Sea Bass Well-Known Member

"Tried the corner and missed."

Draft saved Draft deleted