1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Charlie Pierce Leaves Globe For Esquire

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Sammi, Sep 12, 2011.

1. Elliotte Friedman

Elliotte Friedman Moderator Staff Member

I understand, Michael. I admit to being caught up in Simmons' energy while reading it. As he was going over his rankings of the greatest players, it reminded me of arguing with my own buddies about that kind of thing.

Worked on me. Sometimes, accuracy is overrated:)

2. LanceyHoward

LanceyHoward Well-Known Member

I think that branding yourself is probably a good idea for professional survival. When you and I were young it was a much different game.

I said this on another board but when I was in high school in 1974 Woody Paige spoke to my high school class and he said he went into journalism for among other reasons a secure job. No more.

Paige has done a marvelous job of branding himself. I don't know if he is the best columnist of the three at the Denver Post but if they cut back I don't think he will be the one to go.

3. Elliote - I love reading both Charlie Pierce and Simmons but the way you described Pierce I kept thinking about Sam Kinnison's passionate history teacher in back to school

4. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

He's embarassing himself now, regarding Tebow. He's betting a ton of money on the wrong horse.

5. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Pierce cranked it out today:

http://www.esquire.com/blogs/politics/

6. What can only be described as an orgasm of opinion.

IF Charlie Pierce keeps it up at this pace they will have to change the name of the blog to The Manifesto

7. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

He posted more today than SkiptomyLou.

Draft saved Draft deleted